OverDrive: eBooks & audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.7.3
• Improved the processing and load time of eBooks.
• Fixed a bug that that did not apply the brightness setting to the eBook reader header.
• Fixed a bug that prevented pausing on Bluetooth devices when audiobook playback speed was faster than 1x.
• Fixed a bug that showed a white screen instead of opening a downloaded eBook.
• Other minor bug fixes.
I've never had a problem with this app. Have used to borrow eBooks and audio books. I like that you can change the font type & size, change the background colour and easily access bookmarks & contents. The latest update has changed the way brightness is adjusted and I don't like it (please change it back!), even on the lowest light level it's too bright to read at night in the dark. That's the only thing that has been disappointing.
As unable at times to visit local library due to ill health this is a god send especially when I am in Hospital.
Find the app easy to use and the choice of books is excellent, many thanks.
Wish I could love this app...
The content within is great, but the app is such a lazy execution... essentially when you browse books they’re displayed on a webpage loaded into the app that is slow to load and doesn’t remember where you were if you tap in to look at details of a title! Such a shame, persisting for now because of the content but I may just go back to buying books from Apple in iBooks!
- Category: Books
- Updated: 01 December 2017
- Version: 3.7.3
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.