OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read eBooks, listen to audiobooks, and watch streaming video from your library using OverDrive Media Console (OMC) on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 28,000 libraries worldwide offer titles via OverDrive, so download the app and add your library today.
· Available 24/7, your library never closes.
· No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
· Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
· A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
· Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OMC and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
Sync recent position, bookmarks, and Adobe ID across devices using your OverDrive account. Please note:
· OMC v3.0 (or newer) must be installed on all devices.
· OMC v3.1 (or newer) is required to sync Adobe IDs.
· OMC v3.0 must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices.
· The same OverDrive account and Adobe ID must be used to log in on all devices.
· Titles must be downloaded to all devices.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
· Fixes for bugs related to audiobook downloading and processing.
· Minor changes to optional OverDrive Account screens.
· Other minor bug fixes.
Clunky frustrating and inefficient way to access a great service
It is a fantastic evolution to be able to access and borrow digital media from libraries. This app does the job, but its integration with individual library services is so clunky that it cannot remember you user id, password and won't auto sync borrowed items with your account. There is no syncing across devices. After going trough the rigmarole of logging in, it is too easy to accidentally sign out or to navigate to a page on the library's site and find yourself automatically logged out and having to start all over again.
A most frustrating way to access great content.
Overdrive - fantastic app
This is working really well for me and I love that I can now borrow library books for iPad use. I don't have any negative issues with the app except that it doesn't always seem to sync across my iPads to show where I am up to in my book. That doesn't overly bother me (though it would be nice if that function worked well). All in all a fantastic app that I use all the time and am so pleased to have. Thanks a lot.
Wish it would remember my library branch
Good app for borrowing books but unnecessarily hard to log into my library, enter my extremely long and complex library card number and password. Should be able to remember my library branch, not just the state library name and also be able to remember my library card number and even possibly my password. WOULD BE LOVELY TO OPEN THE APP AND FIND MYSELF LOGGED IN AND AT MY ACCOUNT PAGE OR IF I HAD MORE THAN ONE LIBRARY WITH A SIMPLE CHOICE OF AVAILABLE LIBRARIES AND THE AUTO LOG IN TO THE SELECTED ONE.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 09 May 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2014 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.