Intelligently designed and updated for iOS12 - All the essential Australian weather information from the Bureau of Meteorology - presented quickly, clearly and elegantly - plus powerful and unique new features!
Includes watch app with current weather data in complications on the watch face, and even an augmented reality radar viewer!
WHAT IT HAS:
► Forecasts - so you know what to expect for the week ahead, in beautifully colourful, clear and readable presentation
► Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for ALL your nearby locations)
► Recent Weather - so you know how we got here (with 3 day history tables and graphs)
► Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops), also now fully zoomable, with crosshairs centred on your own location
► Tide data and graphs
- For hundreds of primary and secondary tide sites around Australia
► Push Notifications
- App badging with current temp, forecast max, warnings
- Local warnings alerts
► Widget on the Notifications screen - with 3 in-app options for forecast format - brief text, long text, graphical
► NEW and UNIQUE to this app - Weather Alarms!!!
- For example when the temperature crosses any threshold, like 35C
- Or the windspeed, or amount of rain, or humidity level, etc...
► Lots More Features (just some of many..!)
- Rainfall forecast maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 500 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 10 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- Weather and radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your iPhone
This application was created by an Australian app developer with a passion for meteorology and making great useful and fun apps. The original Oz Weather made it to #1 in the Australian app store - and this new version is way more advanced!
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian locations. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its About screen for that purpose (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Improved icon resolution in watch Infograph complications
* Fixes for watches running older watchOS versions
Ratings and Reviews
Still missing one important feature
I do like this app, the information is detailed and accurate but I have no idea why, after all these years, the developers have still not included the 3 hourly forecasts available from the BOM. Pretty much every other weather app does this which also means they support Time Travel on the Apple Watch.
Because the temperature pattern across the day matters to me to plan what I need to wear or bring to work at multiple sites (offices, warehouses and open areas) during a long working day I can’t use this as my everyday weather reference.
I've loved every version. I really appreciated the message the developer wrote about the upgrade too. ...months later and I still think the app is fabulous. Two suggestions for the next version or update. Firstly the background on the original version was a bit easier to read so back to that please. Secondly could you include a running tally of rainfall amount for the year alongside the average? But it is beautiful as it is. Thanks, Karen.
Oz weather converted from old to new
I'm a bit of a weather buff and it took me several weeks to decide on whether to convert to the new Oz weather app. Having done so, the enhancements made to an already great app have been great. The small investment is well worth it.
Update : 6-Aug-2017 : Glad app is being updated regularly.
Update: 03-Nov-2017 : The App just keeps on getting better. Sometimes you wonder how the app could get any better than it is already.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.