PPM Genius – Pacemaker & ICD Companion
Developed to assist medical professionals involved in the care of patients with implantable cardiac devices. Technicians, nurses, doctors and company representatives owe it to patients and themselves to own this essential and most clinically relevant app available.
Your ultimate cardiac device implantation and follow up assistant, PPM Genius covers major device companies’:
• Resynchronisation therapy
• Loop recorders
• Low and high voltage and resynchronisation leads (endocardial and epicardial)
• Potential product safety issues and manufacturer recommendations
• Device compatibility with an implanted lead
• Device end of life behaviours
• Device and lead MRI compatibility & conditionality
• Device compatibility with remote monitoring and wireless interrogation
• Device MRI procedure information and checklists
• Lead & Introducer French size (for extraction assistance)
• Lead noise differentiation & diagnosis guide
• Landmark clinical trials
• Algorithm descriptions
• Technical and performance notes
*** Importantly, each product is linked to the manufacturers own description and recommendation for any and all potential safety alerts or hazards ***
PPM Genius has a regularly updated Vital Statistics section covering over 6700 worldwide products, to assist you with other critical information such as:
• Product model name and number
• ICD Max Energy (stored & delivered)
• Sensor type
• Device dimensions (size, weight & volume)
• Pace/Sense connectors (low and high voltage)
• Magnet & Non-magnet rate at BOL / (ERI/EOL)
• ERI behaviours and notes (for ICD’s)
• Lead fixation method and placement
• Lead insulation material
• Patient Alert Features
• NBG (PPM) / NBD (ICD) code
• X-ray ID
• Detach tool
PPM Genius has an exhaustive Reference Section that delivers in-depth information on subjects such as:
• Landmark clinical trials (PPM, ICD, CRT)
• Lead noise differentiation & diagnosis guide (physiologic vs. non-physiologic; connector, fracture, EMI, myopotentials, in-clinic action plan + much much more)
• Clinical guidelines & documents
• Device header and lead connector descriptions
• Algorithm descriptions and programming assistance
• MRI Procedure information and checklists for MRI conditional devices
• Technical notes covering frequently encountered topics such as Car Keyless Entry Systems, Dental Equipment, Welding and EMI in the Home & Workplace
• Store frequently encountered products as a favourite for easy viewing
• Search products via Manufacturer, Model, Product Type
• Search Reference Sections for key words
• For rapid searching use Quick Search
• All potential Safety Alerts are linked to each product and give a detailed description from the manufacturer and their recommendation
• Potential Safety Alerts can also be viewed in reverse chronological order (most recent to oldest) or via Product Type
** No internet connection required **
Compatible with iPhone, iTouch, iPad & iPad Mini.
Please note the language used throughout the app is English only.
PPM Genius is actively updated with new products and features. If you believe a product is missing or have any comments or suggestions please send an email to email@example.com
PPM Genius delivers up-to-date information. Initial purchase includes 12 months of product updates and alerts. An in-app purchase is available to receive an additional 12 months of updates and alerts. If you choose not to purchase an additional 12 months of updates PPM Genius will continue to function, but you will cease receiving product and application updates.
Please visit www.cepia.com.au for more information
Bug fixes, and added additional field information for certain pacemaker types.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work
Takes ages to load new database. Then does not move from please wait when trying to use program.
- Epicentre Medical Pty Ltd
- 246 MB
- Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 CEPIA
- In-App Purchases
- Pacemaker Genius Annual Subscription $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.