Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in Apple Books
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Animate your drawings and watch them come to life in a document or book.
• When using Smart Annotation, lines connecting text to annotations in the side margins stretch and move with edits.
• Annotations now anchor to table cells.
• Easily save drawings to Photos or Files, or share them with others.
• Support for Siri Shortcuts. Requires iOS 12.
• Adjust the line spacing before and after a paragraph, and set the width for columns of text.
• Pages now supports Dynamic Type.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Typing issue - Make option to add new page - Bugs need to be fixed
App is great and I use it for everything, but typing is sometimes very slow and inefficient and I would like an option to edit your work with a pencil tool like in Microsoft Word and the Notes app.
Also, it would be very helpful if I was able to add a page using the toolbar. I was very inefficient during art class, spending 20 minutes to add a new page to my document, but I couldn't. All I could do was add page breaks, which messed up my document. I then had to switch that document to Microsoft word and I don't want to do that ever again - Please add new page option in toolbar.
Also, another typing issue, when I type very close to the bottom of a document, usually in a template, it automatically pushes the screen view to the very bottom of the document, so my screen view goes lower, too low to see what I'm typing, which may be a tad bit higher and IT IS SO ANNOYING! PLEASE FIX.
Brilliantly simple yet capable word processor
I'm amazed by the power of Pages. I'm especially impressed by the facility that allows you to insert LaTeX maths expressions into a document, while maintaining the overall style.
I'm bewildered by the regent complaints about the way Pages names (??) and saves documents, and adds blank pages. These 'problems' are consequences of the user's decisions or their failure to understand how iCloud works - problems that can be fixed in minutes by glancing at the documentation! Very odd.
The bundled templates are beautifully designed and tremendously useful, especially if you're in a hurry.
Eh, it needs work & could’ve been better
I don’t hate Pages but at times it can be very irritating. I wish the developers could fix the slow keyboard glitch. I also find the new IOS update a little confusing & not to mention hard to use.
I think it would’ve been better if they paid more attention to finalising the main important old features of the app, instead of constantly updating & adding new features that don’t work that well.
As a student I find it very annoying writing an essay in the middle of the night and having to wait for my keyboard to speed up, it causes a lot of errors. This is the main reason why I prefer Word over Pages. It’s much simple & there is more choices, less glitches.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 511.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.