Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 600 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio to your document
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in iBooks
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Easily record, edit and play audio directly on a page.
• Smart annotation marks now stretch and wrap to follow your text as you edit.
• Quickly switch between drawing and smart annotation modes on iPad.
• A new option in Settings > Pages lets you use Apple Pencil to select and scroll.
• Track text changes in shapes and text boxes.
• Add colours and images to backgrounds in page layout documents.
• Give charts a new look with rounded corners on columns and bars.
• Add mathematical equations to page layout documents using LaTeX or MathML notation.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Add gradient and image fills to shapes and text boxes.
• Easily browse templates by category.
• Save a different auto scroll speed per document when using presenter mode.
• Improved support for Arabic and Hebrew.
Ratings and Reviews
Typing issue - Make option to add new page - Bugs need to be fixed
App is great and I use it for everything, but typing is sometimes very slow and inefficient and I would like an option to edit your work with a pencil tool like in Microsoft Word and the Notes app.
Also, it would be very helpful if I was able to add a page using the toolbar. I was very inefficient during art class, spending 20 minutes to add a new page to my document, but I couldn't. All I could do was add page breaks, which messed up my document. I then had to switch that document to Microsoft word and I don't want to do that ever again - Please add new page option in toolbar.
Also, another typing issue, when I type very close to the bottom of a document, usually in a template, it automatically pushes the screen view to the very bottom of the document, so my screen view goes lower, too low to see what I'm typing, which may be a tad bit higher and IT IS SO ANNOYING! PLEASE FIX.
Brilliantly simple yet capable word processor
I'm amazed by the power of Pages. I'm especially impressed by the facility that allows you to insert LaTeX maths expressions into a document, while maintaining the overall style.
I'm bewildered by the regent complaints about the way Pages names (??) and saves documents, and adds blank pages. These 'problems' are consequences of the user's decisions or their failure to understand how iCloud works - problems that can be fixed in minutes by glancing at the documentation! Very odd.
The bundled templates are beautifully designed and tremendously useful, especially if you're in a hurry.
😡Absolute nightmare to work with
I’ve used pages for years now to do all my programming, reports, newsletters, notices etc (I’m a teacher) but with the last few updates pages has become so hard to work with.
- I can’t add a blank page into my document between existing pages without entering down a thousand times, which messed with formatting of other text and images
- half the time my documents won’t open with error messages of document doesn’t exist or can’t access document.
- I can’t work offline on pages because documents created on the iPad (all of them) have now all been uploaded to the cloud (which it did without me wanting it to) and are now only accessible to edit when connected to internet, and therefore the cloud.
- no way to select multiple files to export at once to Dropbox (have to individually open each file and export)
I’m now left with the tedious task of exporting (individual files at a time) years and I do mean YEARS, of files to Dropbox so I can edit them in word.
I am starting out this year using my windows laptop to do all my work now as I refuse to use app. It is not friendly and usable anymore!!! Serious let down!! 😡
- Apple Pty Limited
- 495.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.