Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented use of Look Up for words in lists
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Split View in El Capitan
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Shared Pages documents can now be previewed on iOS and Android browsers
• Force click images and get haptic feedback as you edit using Force Touch trackpad
• New Apple-designed templates: ePub, Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Enhanced support for OpenType font features like small caps, contextual fractions, alternate glyphs, and more
• View Collections, Moments, Favorites, and Shared Albums from Photos in the Media Browser
• Add reference lines to charts
• Create table, chart, and shape styles from an image
• Add and review comments with VoiceOver
• Track changes with VoiceOver
• Edit chart data and chart elements with VoiceOver
One Regressive Application
I have used Clarisworks, Appleworks, IWork08, iWork09, Pages 5. Each was nicely upgraded UNTIL the last!. I have numerous documents that would previously open with no trouble and could be safely edited and then saved in the current version. EXCEPT THE LATEST VERSION. I rely heavily on a smooth integration of MathType but now Pages is so convoluted I am turning back (may the deities forbid!) to MS Office. Previously when you opened a document in Pages 09 you had everything in clear sight, layout guides, easy to access toolbar with all formatting options,etc. Now you have to go hunting for these things and find them if you are lucky. It seems Apple is now ignoring the large user base of long-time users and trying to cater only for the those who don’t bother with excellent programs, content with just the mediocre. Please, please, please re-write iWorks so that it re-instates ALL of the features present in iWorks 09. Surely this should be easy for Apple software engineers. My wife has now resorted to the simple Write2 program because that at least gives her a simple interface that she can use.
I HATE THIS UPDATE. Pages has become less user friendly. Simple tools which were there like word count I have tyo go hunting for. I can’t find a running page number gtally. The tables in Pages are even worse than before to use - hard to believe, I know. Really, stop fixing stuff that ain’t broke, and stop changing stuff because you’re bored. I’m sure other people like me who use writing programs regularly do not appreciate theiur program changing all the time. This latest update is making me seriously considering buying a new writing program which doesn’t make it hard gfor me to do what I need to do, or keep track of the things I want to keep track of. Most disappointed.
What I see no one else can!
I had an important docuement which i layed out in Pages, converted to Word and forwarded. I had sent a document in Pages before and with a few minor conversion it worked at the other end of the recipient. This did not, people either did not see it, some was missing and if they did receive it, it upside down, I think i will just use Pages for my own benifit and will not forward it, as it was very unprofessinal, and embarrassing, so do not want to be in that situation again.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 November 2015
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later