Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 600 editable shapes
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in iBooks
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Track text changes in shapes and text boxes.
• Add colours and images to backgrounds in page layout documents.
• Give charts a new look with rounded corners on columns and bars.
• Add mathematical equations to page layout documents using LaTeX or MathML notation.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Improved support for Arabic and Hebrew.
Ratings and Reviews
Pages via iPad
I’m no computer whizz by any stretch, so perhaps it’s “my bad” and in this I stand to be educated. However, in the early days when I first adopted “Pages” and used it to manage table reports whilst on the move via my iPad, I was really pleased with its performance. Structuring the tables via the iPad was more that awkward and messy, but I worked my way around that by structuring the required tables via my iMac, and using my iPad to fill in the required text whilst out and about with my work. But then an update. And typing text to the tables via iPad is a LONG, SLOW, CHORE. I type and then have to wait, for half or even for a full minute, before the text catches up with me. ‘click click click’ is what I hear, as grindingly slowly, the text, one letter, one key stroke, painstakingly (unbearably!) interspersed with at least one full second’s pause between each, finally sees the sentence I’ve written. Then I can proceed with the next row of text. At each update, I hoped this would be rectified but it doesn’t happen. So, Pages …… is it me? If it is, I’d appreciate it if you would tell me what it was I DIDN’T do for this grindingly slow advent to typing to table to have occurred. Otherwise, I think the app is excellent and I’m certain I do not use it to its fullest potential.
Getting slowly better
The new updates are gradually getting better but overall the old Pages app is still better and I still use it in preference to Pages 6. Linked text… finally!! A little more complicated then it needs to be (the older version Pages 4 is better). When I saved my Pages 6 document to a pdf it did not show the correct text in the linked boxes. In Pages it looked fine… saved as a pdf it was wrong. My solution? Do the whole document again in the old version. Disappointing I must say. I would also like to be able to use the arrows to nudge text boxes into position. Pages 6… cannot do it. Pages 4… easily done.
My previous review:I cannot believe Apple destroyed a great software Pages09! No longer can you just right click a thumbnail and copy, delete or capture; text boxes do not link; formating box is huge and no longer floats; tables are difficult to move and format and… it ruined my previously saved Pages 09 documents - removed graphics in text/graphic boxes. DO NOT upgrade! I have already deleted Pages 5 and restored my Pages 09 from iWorks.
I used to ‘brag’ to my PC friends who had to use Microsoft Word… as Pages was so much easier to use… but not now… shame.
Used to love it
I’ve used pages for years now. And it’s been really, really good for most of that time; its ability to intergrate images and graphics into text is almost seamless, and it's well designed and visuallly appealing. However, recently it seems to be getting harder and harder to use. I’ll be typing, and before I can finish writing a word it will autocorrect the first half into something entirely different! (eg. I’ll intend to write “mediums” but before I finish this will be autocorrected to “media” and I end up with “mediaums”, which remains uncorrected) I have to re-read and edit every sentance right after they’re written, which definitely interupts the flow of writing.
I know there are some other issues that have come up in tha app recently, but this is the one that would actually stop me from using it.
I still really like the app, so I hope that this is something that can be fixed soon, but it’s becoming harder to keep writing with Pages as this problem continues.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 264.8 MB
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.