Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
My Biggest Apple Dissapointment
It is not often that Apple dissapoints. This is one of the biggest dissapointments for me.
iWork 09 is great. I have no idea what the business team or whoever the decision maker was thinking when they surmised that it would be more successful stripping all the useful features and turning Pages into a very simple (feature-less - there is NO positivity in this context for the word simple) basic word processor.
Duplicating pages from the side panel is one of my most used features which has been removed. WHY! Just read the other reviews, there are so many functionalities that have been stripped. I still use iWork 09 which now has sharing bugs because it is no longer supported and which gets plagued when I use heavy documents. It is FAR better than the new pages. Once Pages 09 becomes too cumbersome to keep using I guess my only option is to change to Microsoft Word. What a shame.
Please fix this Apple, it has been 3 years and you have still not done anything to restore Pages to even a small segment of it's former glory. The tagline is “Pages - the last word in word processing”. Really? I truly hope it’s not your last words in word processing because it is really looking like it.
It’s shocking and terrifying that Apple is removing features from iWork ’09 for seemingly no reason at all.
Why would they remove “View Two Pages”? It’s ridiculous to have a widescreen monitor and having massive, unused, and wasted screen estate with a single page on the screen.
This is getting more and more ridiculous. Stripping away hundreds of features and slowly adding them back into the app isn’t an “upgrade”, Apple.
Essentials … for deleting from my mac
I think I may have even written a review before. I just opened pages again after months . What was I thinking. I like how apple put this in the essentials. I am deleting it now and taking an office 365 subscription. Then I am ready for my switch back to windows.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 10 May 2016
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later