Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
Excellent, easy to use application.
I have used other word processors, paid and open source but I have found Apple Pages to be very well designed and very easy to use. Apple Pages is very stable, quick to load documents and it’s functions are easy to find. You just type what you want help on and it shows you what you are looking for by opening the menu directly. It has advanced text editing features and exports documents not only in the Pages format but also as Word, PDF and other formats. I would strongly recommend exploring Apple Pages as it is not only pleasant to look at but very functional to use and once you start you will be unlikely to go back to anything else. :)
I’ve used pages consistently for 6 years, after switching from the opposition. Even though it didn’t have as many features, it was smooth and reliable, especially across multiple platforms. It is now cumbersome, awkward and frustrating. The autocorrect function is the worst I have ever experienced in over 25 years of using word processors. I must regularly proof read my work to find the times when autocorrect completed a word while I was still typing, only to add the rest of my typing to the end of it. I am using Microsoft products more now, and once their document cloud works as smoothly as iCloud, I’ll jump completely.
Apple -“Now produces Mediocre Software” Please stop destroying your software
A great product Pages’09 - fantastic - now someone has taken the idea of simplicity to a whole new level by destroying a once great product
We saw this years ago when Apple had Claris software suite which was competing against its main rival - only to drop these fantastic products
Once again during the Job’s years, Steve knew he needed to add value by adding business productivity software so hence Pages, numbers etc was
created - now someone is dropping the ball - APPLE USE TO PRODUCE THE BEST SOFWARE _ Now its just MEDIOCRE at best - Perhapes Apple is looking to again stop producing these products - its a pity because these products “were” far superior (albeit not as powerful) as its competition but you could do things easier - now Apple has simplified the software to the point that it really is unusable for most business people
APPLE PLEASE LIFT YOUR GAME
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later