Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.2
• New "view only" setting lets you share documents you want others to view but not edit
• Delete, duplicate and reorder sections using the page navigator
• Inline images and shapes in table cells are preserved on import
• Copy-paste style improvements
• Better placement of inserted and pasted objects
• Improved Instant Alpha image editing
• Media Browser improvements, including search
• Improved AppleScript support
• New Arabic and Hebrew templates
• Improved support for bi-directional text
• Word count for Hebrew
• Create custom data formats
• Control the z-order of bubble chart labels
• Show rulers as a percentage of document size
• Improved text box behaviour
• Improved EndNote support, including citations in footnotes
• Improved ePub export
• Usability improvements
I was discusted by pages 09 and pages on iOS, and so I was reluctant to try pages and wanted to stick with word. Although, now having tried pages, I love it. It provides all the features I want in a very simple and elegant design. I love features such as different text styles, all the beautiful templates, the table mechanics, and much more. There is a bit of a learning curve (as with all software), but once you get past that, its great. I am a student who owns both Office and iWork and I have to say, getting rid of the complications of Office was one of the best things to happen to me. It has enabled me to get A+.
It is especially great for things such as note taking and publifications. I love how it fits in with the rest of my mac. Excellent job, Apple.
Basic errors result in poor UX
I have been a long time recommender of Apple office apps over the Microsoft ones ever since I bought a Mac about 7 years ago. However, I am now forced to recommend to people not to use them anymore. I have just had to abandon Pages as my word processor as I cannot even save to the disk! I tried for about 5 mins doing all sorts of things including export. In the end I had to copy/paste to a Word document. Pages is very immature and buggy since the recent updates and cannot be trusted yet. I assume the same for Numbers and Keynote.
In addition, yesterday, a colleague of mine and I became stymied when trying to send a document to each other via email. After a bit of research it turns out that now the Pages file format is not a file at all but a directory, so you cannot simply transport a file from your Mac to another system via email or any other way unless you know to zip it up first. Of course, it apparently works with iCloud and Apple mail utilities, but nothing else.
Bad Apple Bad.
I hate MS Office and now that is what I have to go back to. As a developer, I know that these problems are a result of bad design choices and a lack of testing. Two things not normally associated with the Apple brand I would have thought.
Pages 09 vs Pages 5.2
(+) Great full screen
(-) can not drop a picture twice on a shape to fill in pic (09 does)
(-) con not drag a table like a shape or picture - inconstant (09 does)
(-) can not resize objects by gesture (09 does) only zooms the page ! really you rezoom your page more often than objects ??? massive time loss
(-) can not return a table when moved over the top of a page !!! major major mistake !
(-) side page preview , doesn’t update until you leave the page (09 takes 2 sec, where ever you are or do)
(-) can not stretch objects when grouped, great when you wanna size bar equally, but don’t have the space.
(-) no more awesome resizing of text by pinch
(-) colours selectors don’t offer for text when text is highlighted (first i thought it was a bug!)
(-/+) both have no auto-all-capitalization button
(-/+) no create to HTML, and guess what its HTML based and runs on the web , right ?
(-/+) No slider for text in the side bar, only for spacing and letter-space, ... resizing text isn’t something users need to do all the time (forgive my sarcasm)
(-/+) I cloud could be also a bit more logical , or consistent to finder.
Pages 09 = 8
Pages 5.2 = 1
and some stuff is still missing !
PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT, I GOT WORK TO BE DONE !
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 01 April 2014
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 298 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2005-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later