Find the parks nearest you when visiting Western Australia with the activities you want to do and facilities available. This application provides most up to date information from Department of Parks and Wildlife's database. No internet connection is required to use this application once downloaded into your device. It checks for data updates to make sure it is providing most current information about our parks to the visitors.
Core functionality -
- Find Park near your current location (only for Western Australia)
- Keyword searching with auto complete
- Search parks for regions, activities, facilities and other amenities
- Find park where you can take dogs and/or drinking water is available
- Add parks and sites to your favourite which syncs back to the Explore Parks website (Internet connection required)
- Share parks and sites information using Email, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Review parks and contact park directly from the app
- Minor bug fixes with API syncing issue.
Ratings and Reviews
The WA National Parks Department provides no useful information about their parks. I am planning a trip to the NW. The Northern Territory has wonderful downloadable fact sheets. Western Australia has nothing. Nothing about plants or animals. Nothing about geology. They mention tracks but don't say where they are. This app will tell you if dogs are allowed and that's about it. Even then you will probably need an internet connection. Absolute rubbish.
Search function doesn’t work and app isn’t up to date. Can’t find the campsite I’m after that’s detailed on the website
Too many bugs
Can’t find any camping sites even though WikiCamps has them listed. Can’t save anything to favourites. 1 Star for NP listing, that part is working
- Government of Western Australia - Department of Parks and Wildlife
- 72.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Department of Parks and Wildlife
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.