Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best digital handwriting on iPad. Penultimate combines distraction-free, natural handwriting and sketching with the power of Evernote’s sync and search. Take class or meeting notes, journal your thoughts, or outline your next big idea—in the office or on the go. From the first stroke, Penultimate makes the experience of pen and paper more productive.
INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER
Notes and drawings look spectacular in black or colored ink. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look natural, and Wrist Protection prevents stray marks for writers of all grips. Choose from a number of paper styles, or import an image to create personalized paper.
STYLUS AND SOFTWARE BUILT TOGETHER
We worked closely with Adonit to create the stylus we've always wanted: the Jot Script Evernote Edition, the first true precision-point stylus. Penultimate integrates tightly with the stylus and together they make digital handwriting the experience it should be. It’s like writing with your favorite pen. Available now in the Evernote Market.
YOUR WRITING KEEPS PACE WITH YOU
Penultimate lets you work on any part of the page effortlessly. To zoom in on a location on the page, simply pinch in and start writing. With Penultimate's Drift feature enabled, the page will move along with you, automatically adjusting to the pace you are working at.
CONNECT AND SYNC WITH EVERNOTE
Sign in to your Evernote account in the Penultimate app to organize your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Your Penultimate notes are synced to Evernote automatically, so you can find and share them across all of your devices.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED QUICKLY
No matter how you prefer to organize your work, Penultimate makes it easy to find the notes you need. Penultimate processes your notes so you can search for handwritten text in the app. Save and browse your work in notebooks and insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages any way you like within them.
MAKE PENULTIMATE MORE POWERFUL
Penultimate is free to download and use. Pair it with Evernote Premium or Evernote Plus for bigger uploads and many other great features.
Two subscription options:
Evernote Premium monthly for $5.99 per month | $49.99 annually
Evernote Plus monthly for $2.99 per month | $24.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 6.2
• All papers are now free!
• Now supports iOS Multitasking
• Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity support (iPad Pro only)
• More intuitive pen, highlighter, and color selectors
• New full-screen paper selector when creating a note or switching paper types within a note
• Added a grid view to the pages tray so you can see more of the pages within your note and quickly navigate to the page you want to edit
• Notebooks look like notebooks instead of circles, and it's easier to identify business and shared notebooks
• Added a page count to the cover of each note in a note list
• Updated Adonit SDK
• We squashed a bunch of bugs, as always
Unfortunately the UI is not optimized for the larger size iPad Pro. The ruled lines are just wider apart because the display is bigger. The page ruled line spacing should be consistent regardless of display size.
Integration with Evernote is not that great. You have to create a new notebook just to add handwritten notes in Evernote. Can't add handwritten notes to an existing Evernote notebook.
Handwriting stroke is very nice. Pity the poor Evernote integration makes the whole app pointless.
Really like it - teams well with pencil and Evernote
Impressed with it - I am using it more and more. The pencil, Evernote and penultimate ecosystem is very good. There are a handful of incremental improvements I think that are need to make it really sing but happy nonetheless.
Needs text writing not just handwriting. Calligraphy pen, oh yes and dont delete skitch
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 14 December 2015
- Version: 6.2
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cocoa Box Design LLC
- © 2006 - 2015 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Time & Tasks Paper Collection$1.49
- Design Collection$1.49
- Games Paper Collection$1.49
- Evernote Premium$7.99
- Music Paper Collection$4.49
- Photo Album Paper Collection$1.49
- Young Writers Paper Collection$1.49
- Evernote Premium$69.99
- Evernote Premium$7.99
- Chinese New Year 2014Free