Perth Winds is from the stable of the popular applications Bay Winds, Bay Winds Heavy and MelbWinds.
It is designed to provide up to the minute information about the wind in and around Perth, Australia for any boaters - particularly sailors, windsurfers and kitesurfers.
Perth Winds provides the following
1) Distance to the BoM's locations, so you can see which ones are more relevant to you.
2) Wind sequenced by locations near you
3) Wind portrayed on a Map so you can see where the wind is
4) Perth and Western Australia coastal wind forecasts including Synopsis and Warnings
5) Graph of 24 hour wind history and Meteye forecasts.
This is one of many applications in a series of applications for each Australian City.
Fixes for marine forecasts
Ratings and Reviews
App is pretty good. Had original version and made a suggestion to have wind speed in knots. Next update had it done. I did have a glitch with the new version which seemed to be with my phone and i reported it to the creators. Had immediate response and after a bit of persistance, the fault rectified.
Did not have enough information
I downloaded the app and was quite disappointed. It had no more information that the Oz Weather app that shows the local Perth BOM stations.
Info good but can be done so much better
Good info. The prediction charts art a tad hard to read. Graphics poor. The info provided is good just need to lay it out in a user friendly way
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.