Peter Gilmore – a gourmet food journey behind the dishes
By Pollen Digital Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Peter Gilmore app is a world-first, interactive food documentary, for iPad. Peter personally guides you through the stories behind eight of his remarkable dishes.
The cuisine and philosophy of this renowned Australian chef, provides a deeper insight into the principles, inspiration and influences behind his signature dishes.
Beginning with the key ingredients for each recipe, the app introduces us to some of Australia’s first-class growers, fishers and provedores, exploring both their local environment and the unique produce that forms an integral part of Peter Gilmore’s nature-based cuisine.
• Unique insights into one of Australia’s greatest culinary minds
• Swipe down on each dish to reveal how it's plated.
• Explore the stories behind each dish, from produce to plate
• Meet the producers, who lovingly craft the highest quality ingredients
• Learn more about diverse locations and intriguing back-story of the produce
• Stunning, interactive imagery, personally narrated by Peter Gilmore
• Includes two previously unreleased recipes
What's New in Version 1.01
Bug fixes, improvements to dish plating sequences and more compact size so it's faster to download.
Don't Buy If You Plan On Cooking Amy Of These Recipes
Don't buy this app if you're hoping to make any of these re open at home - all ridiculously complicated and totally unrealistic unless you work in a gourmet kitchen and have an endless budget to play with. Also - you'll be paying for shamelessly plug of his cookbook, of which only eight recipes are actually featured in the app. Aesthetically well put together, but waste of money.
A simply beautiful app exploring the incredible food of Peter Gilmore… I’ve spent hours browsing through the amazing Australian ingredients and the stories behind them… now if I could only cook one of those recipes….
So interesting to browse behind the dishes and get a view you don’t normally see. You really get an understanding of how much care and thought goes into each dish.