This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.4
Ciao Italian speakers! With this new version, Pictello’s user interface is now available in Italian and includes two genuine Italian Text to Speech children’s voices: Alessio and Aurora.
Pictello 3.4 is now compatible with the new iOS 11 and fully optimized for the new 10.5” iPad. Additionally, we worked on several bug fixes to improve the performance of the app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 28 September 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 777 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2010-2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.