Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Fall asleep faster with Pillow’s carefully selected sleep aid sounds and get personalized insights and tips about sleep using Pillow’s unique Snooze lab feature.
Pillow has been featured in: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- Sleep calendar: Pillow can detect sleep sessions from past dates.
- View last night’s report on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Automatic sleep tracking does not require the Apple Watch app to be installed
- Get your sleep analysis report automatically as soon as Pillow detects sleep.
- Alarms & Audio recordings are not available in automatic mode
- Track your sleep with your Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad by pressing start when you go to sleep and pressing stop when you wake up.
- Smart wakeup: Pillow will wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics like time to sleep, time in bed and more
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep
- Optional vibration settings (iPhone only)
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed. Pillow can notify you when your optimal bedtime approaches
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts
SLEEP TRENDS & STATISTICS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews
SECURELY BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE & EXPORT YOUR SLEEP DATA
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps
- Select between powernap, recovery and full cycle naps
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
PREMIUM FEATURES INCLUDE: (One-time purchase. No subscriptions or hidden fees.):
- Unlimited sleep history
- Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, sleep trends
- Listen to your sound recordings
- Nap Modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
- Database export in CSV format
- View your latest sleep analysis using Siri
Create a shortcut to view your latest sleep analysis using Siri without having to launch Pillow. If you use the Shortcuts app, you can also get a dictionary of all the sleep session data so that you can process and incorporate it to any of your workflows!
- Start a sleep session using Siri
You can now use Siri to start a sleep tracking session in Pillow. You can either create a shortcut to start a sleep tracking session with the most recently used settings (alarm time and sleep tracking mode) or create a Siri shortcuts for one or more specific alarm times and tracking modes.
- Start nap sessions using Siri
If have unlocked Pillow’s Premium Features, you can also create Siri Shortcuts for any of the 3 special nap modes that Pillow offers.
- Siri suggestions and Siri Apple Watch face
If you use the Siri Watch face on your Apple Watch, Pillow will also show you last night’s sleep quality and provide a handy shortcut to start a sleep tracking session by tapping on the relevant suggestion on the Apple Watch.
Fixes & Improvements
- Added a diagnostic option to help our support team diagnose potential issues - Fixed an issue that would prevent the playback of audio files in certain cases - Fixed an issue that would incorrectly update the sleep quality diagram
Ratings and Reviews
New update not accurate at all
Since the newest update, this app does not detect if I wake up during the night even when I get up out of bed. Last night I lay awake for at least a half hour, got out of bed as well during this time and it was not noted in the data. I also got out of be x2 more times and that wasn’t recorded either. In fact my sleep quality was supposed to be good and it wasn’t at all. Very disturbed night!
Edit 1: Despite repeatedly retraining this app AI it is not detecting how often I am awake. I would have thought my heart rate increase would align with waking too but not on the apps graph. I am using Apple Watch 3 also. I am about to give up on this app. I am using the paid upgrade too. Even audio has me talking to someone and the app says I’m asleep. Totally useless. When are you going to fix this?????
Edit2 : new update allows user to have app reassess and increase awake time. I had to do this 3 times after last nights session before looking vaguely accurate. Still didn’t take into account that it took double the the time to get to sleep. Still doesn’t line up with increase in heart rate even when I got out of bed.
More work to do. I am almost ready to delete it.
Developer Response ,
From the description of the issue, it seems that the permissions required by Pillow haven't been properly setup but this can be easily resolved. Please advise the following article with solutions and recommendations and let us know if the problem persists
To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select ‘Helpdesk’.
Not that intuitive to use
Frustrating. Using the App on the phone together with the iphone as well is not easy. In this day & age that’s just not good enough.
Specifically, starting the App on the watch it prompts you to open both the app on the watch & the iPhone together (but only in their response to an adverse review do they mention NOT to actually hit start onthe App on the iPhone). A small but important detail that had me bouncing between the two with the Watch sending me to open Pillow on the iPhone and then next asking me did I want to end the session on the iPhone!!! Be better if they made it more obvious what they meant rather than finding this important point in a response to a poor review.
The other annoying feature is as you try to look at historic data their advertising screen pops up telling you to spend approx $7 to upgrade to the premium version and it covers up your data. You can look at the most recent data but not the older data. That’s an annoying & shabby trick to force you to buy. I happily buy Apps where I see benefit. They need to figure out a better solution that doesn’t antagonize their users. Who wants to buy an App to stop it annoying the hell out of you. I won’t on principle.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Pillow requires the use of the iPhone only if you want alarms and audio recordings since those two functionalities are not currently possible with the Apple Watch only. Hopefully, upcoming versions of watchOS will allow us to simplify things. It's also worth mentioning that we're working on automatic sleep tracking and detection for sleep tracking and analysis (alarms and audio recordings will still require manual interaction). Ever since we decided to make Pillow we wanted to find a way to allow as many people as possible benefit from the advantages of sleep tracking without sacrificing quality or privacy and at the same time make it a viable option for our small company that continues to work on bringing new features and capabilities. That is why we decided to provide a set of basic features for free and an option to upgrade if you decide later. That said, we are working on ways to offer a free trial so that you can experience Pillow's full potential.
Used to be good, but suddenly automatic tracking has fallen off a cliff
Until recently, pillow has proven to be the most accurate sleep tracker that didn’t require a set up process each night, thanks to its use of the my Apple Watch S3 heartrate sensor, but in recent weeks I have had a plethora of issues with its accuracy and logging. Two weeks ago, it started to incorrectly report my sleep times, sometimes only recognising the first hour or two of an 8+ hour nap, and sometimes not even recording at all. This has proven to be extremely frustrating, since I have been trying to track my sleep habits for medical purposes.
The second issue only reared it’s head in the last week, it seems that almost every day, despite my sleep being logged in the app (accurate or not) it doesn’t save the data to the health app. At first I thought this was because permissions were incorrectly set, but somehow, about every 10 days, it logs that nights data into the app, but it logs the exact same data multiple times. So permissions clearly aren’t an issue.
Unless this gets fixed, I will probably have to look for an alternative app, even if it means I have to set it up every night before I sleep.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with Pillow. Please contact our support team and we will help you any issue that you are facing. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select ‘Helpdesk’.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 284.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.