Join forces with Pirate Jack. He needs your help to solve eight problems and find the hidden treasure. Use the map to work your way through the obstacles one by one and in the right order. Apply your maths and literacy skills to make sure you collect the correct item before tackling the next obstacle. For example, you’ll need to order a set of words from coldest to hottest to find a lantern before you can explore a dark cave. Use different strategies to solve the clues, and you’ll find the booty.
Key learning objectives:
- Students analyse problems by using a range of strategies, including interpreting clues, intuition, and trial and error.
- Students solve problems by using literacy and numeracy skills.
- Provides opportunities for students to solve problems using their literacy and numeracy skills within the context of a pirate treasure map.
- Encourages the use of trial and error to discover the correct sequence of problem solving.
- Includes a variety of problem types which focus on, for example, spelling, shapes, visual cues, word knowledge, addition of numbers and time.
Bugfix: Button over copyright message removed.
Ratings and Reviews
A great game! Having a teaching background this is a terrific app. However it works sometimes and other times it asks for 4 words and after we do them it keeps asking for more. It is hard to make 4 more words whilst the coconuts are rising to the top of the screen with the instructions covering the letters. Then it seems to just get stuck on some pages and we can't get past that stage even if we have it correct. Perhaps this is a bug that needs to be looked at?
Overall would love more pirate apps! Keep up the great ideas.
This app has been awesome for my 6 year old boy.. He doesn't even realize it's educational!
Please, please extend this app.. We would be happy to pay - it is well worth it!
More please. The children love completing the puzzles. They don't get bored because each puzzle requires a different set of thinking skills. Would pay for more pirate games.
- Education Services Australia Ltd.
- 34.5 MB
Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Education Services Australia 2010 (except where otherwise indicated).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.