By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions amazingly simple. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, share, or save them to popular image formats–all right from Pixelmator.
And, the new Pixelmator 3.3 is redesigned to cohere with OS X Yosemite’s fresh and modern look, brings new OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iPad.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.3.2
This update includes support for the new Photos app and the new Force Touch trackpad. It redefines the performance of Pixelmator’s awesome Repair tool, and contains other improvements and bug fixes.
• Now you can quickly access your Photos library right from the Photo Browser in Pixelmator.
• Paint with pressure sensitivity using the Force Touch trackpad on the new MacBook and MacBook Pro.
• Wipe away unwanted elements from your photos up to five times faster with the enhanced Repair tool.
Other improvements and bug fixes:
• You can now repair images non-destructively on a transparent layer placed in front with the “Sample All Layers” option selected.
• The app would previously stop responding on certain Macs when using the Repair tool with the document name popover visible. We fixed this.
• Performance used to get a little slow when working extensively with colors and styles of text and shape layers. Not anymore.
• The “New Layer from FaceTime” feature now works perfectly on all Macs.
• The Layers palette no longer dims after changing the image size.
• After using crop and undo actions one after the other, the thumbnails of grouped layers used to show inaccurate previews of the enclosed images. Now they’re displayed beautifully.
• Sometimes, after dragging an image from a Web browser when the app was hidden or closed, the palettes failed to open. No more surprises.
• Now you can open 16-bit Photoshop images exported from Aperture.
• Previously, opening Photoshop images containing outer glow adjustments could cause the app to stop responding. That won’t happen again.
• Small images used to jump to full zoom when zooming out with the pinch gesture. We fixed that, too.
• The scroll bar of the Gradients, Styles and Shapes palettes used to hide part of their thumbnails when the “Show Scroll Bars” feature was set to “Always” in System Preferences. Fixed.
• The app used to stop responding when grouping shape layers into many subgroups. Fixed.
• Sometimes, when connecting a MacBook Pro with discrete graphics and OS X Yosemite to an external display, weird graphical glitches would occur. We fixed that, too.
• Once in a while, the alert “The file doesn’t exist” would pop up when trying to export a file in a different file format. It won’t happen again (fingers crossed).
• Now you can Send Backward as many layers as you wish.
• The thumbnails of newly created gradients wouldn’t show up properly in some localizations. Now, they are displayed just as they should be.
If you think Pixelmator is awesome, please take time to write us a nice review. It would make us feel good about our work and help others find the app they might be looking for. Thanks a lot!
Simple, elegant, a credit to the developer
I can’t credit this app enough. I’ll skip all the features I like - you can find these in the description and in other comments - and cut to the chase. I find this app improves my productivity when developing. It’s simple and streamlined, it’s easy to get things done in a minimal number of steps, everything’s obvious and easy to figure out, and the app has just the right features and none of the bloat that bigger more complicated programs are weighed down by. It’s quintessentially mac in it’s appearance and functionality. Keep up the good work!
This is what Photoshop should be, for the price it should be
Features come first to Pixelmator. Whether it’s retina screens or force-touch trackpads, I always see this stuff on Pixelmator before Photoshop.
If you’re seeing a feature you think is missing, just ask! Chances are, it’s already there. (Just in a more OSX-like place, often).
Improving all the time
The repair tool is to me a star, but in general this is a fully Mac-centric app which deserves your consideration for image editing. It occupies the perfect niche between the free but ugly and clunky GIMP… and the hideously expensive yet STILL ugly and clunky Photoshop.