Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.8 Phoenix is designed to integrate seamlessly with macOS Mojave's fresh and modern look, macOS Continuity features, like Handoff, iCloud Drive, and Continuity Camera, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to parts of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or rearrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer style presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer style presets
• Apply any of the layer style presets using drag and drop
• Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save edits back to the original image
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, HEIF, TIFF, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly sync your work across all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator retouching tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator distort tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of macOS features and technologies like Cocoa, Metal, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
This update brings a number of fixes and improvements to keep Pixelmator running smoothly.
• The grid, persistent guides, Quick Selection tool overlay, and selection outlines would be visible above the Rulers. Fixed.
• It was not possible to resize the Import window when it should have been, and it was possible to resize the About and Preferences windows when it shouldn’t have been. Fixed.
• Skewing, distorting, or changing the perspective of a layer group with differently sized layers would work incorrectly. Fixed.
• After changing the ruler origin, the temporary indicator lines would not be cleared from the screen until something was clicked. Fixed.
• Merging a layer group with a clipping mask inside it would turn the merged group into a clipping mask. Fixed.
• Opening Photoshop documents with inner or outer glow layer styles would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about the update or Pixelmator in general? We'd love to hear it at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
I really love it
I have tried photoshop and I hated it, it seems like photoshop are for those who are just good at it, like they are born to know how to use it. I bought pixelmator as it looked more simple and more modern. I am not a geek when it comes to designing in programs, but I had enough patience to learn with pixelmator, I think the way they design it was more aesthetic than photoshop and I think that is what closed me to buy it. I also watch their simple videos to get instant knowledge on what tool I need to use, so that really helps. Overall, if you want to learn photoshop eventually then I think pixelmator is the best option. Especially, since photoshop charges you by month to use their program and you have to spend alot money to actually use it. Pixelmator is for EVERYONE, and its a great price considering that there is not many design programs to choose from, as Photoshop had been the only design program on the market for decades, until technology started to develop more and more into apps. I highly recommend pixelmator. And those bad reviews, i think are coming from those who have used photoshop before ande expect Pixelmator to be the “same”. I give this app 5 stars and a great review, as I am sure those people who designed this as put in a lot of effort into it.
I own Affinity Photo and Designer
I own Affinity Photo and Designer. If you want a photoshop clone get Affinity Photo. If you want a Illustrator clone - same. This program is a bit of both, if more simplified at the same time, a very powerful application. You can edit photos, you can do a bit of vector art, even pixel art :) but it has a bunch of amazing effects. It’s also cheaper. If you just have a mac and wanna have a simple program that does all that, you got this. Also realize out of all the software I mentioned, you have to practice, get to know the software. Adobe really tried to screw me over, go to the better business bureau , look up Adobe. Affinity and Pixelmator are more fun anyways. Don’t even try to come at me about industry standards, been in the industry for awhile now.
Close to perfect!
I have been using Photoshop since version 3.3; and I’ve spent my fair share of money updating it over the years. I initially tried out Pixelmator because I couldnt afford a Photoshop subscription. Pixelmator has gone from a begrudging “alternative" to a fully fledged image software package worthy of your attention. I am rapidly preferring it to Photoshop.
There are a few oddities with Pixelmator that take a little getting used to: No “paste into selection” for example. A fidgetty toolbar window that I often find — for some reason — makes it hard to select the tool you’re actually trying to use, giving you something else instead. Then, there’s the at times baffling Apple-style file saving system that acts in two distinctly different ways, depending on what kind of file you’re editing.
There are some great features, however. The Quick Selection Tool is a revelation. You can also open and export to the Photoshop file format, should you need.
Most importantly, the makers of Pixelmator seem to be more focussed on making a great app than fleecing you of your cash.
Pixelmator is a strong second place to Photoshop on its own terms. An outright winner if money is an object.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 111.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2019 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.