Tired of getting to 5pm without knowing what to cook for the family? Made a last minute decision on the meal only to discover you are missing most of the ingredients?
PlanBuyCook is meal planning made simple using our no-fuss app. It makes planning, shopping for and cooking your meals easy.
Whether you are a household of 1 or 10, this is the meal planning app to get dinner done easily.
PlanBuyCook is available for iPhone and iPad.
PlanBuyCook offers a real life meal planner: use any of our 130 recipes or write your own favourites. You can also schedule in events such as eating out or takeaway – just like you plan your meals in real life.
The PlanBuyCook app automatically scales main meals to match your household size, from 1 to 10 serves for every main meal recipe.
Write your own recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to the shopping list and aggregated along with any PlanBuyCook recipe ingredients you choose. The PlanBuyCook app will automatically scale your recipes to your household size, or locks the scaling for desserts or recipes you do not wish to scale. AirDrop your own recipes to other PlanBuyCook users.
Switch between metric and imperial measurements, and the app will automatically switch to match AU/UK or USA/Canada ingredient names.
The PlanBuyCook smart shopping list includes all meal ingredients plus you can add in everyday items which are automatically sorted into grocery section. Mark off items you already have in your refrigerator or pantry, or edit amounts of each ingredient. When using the iPad version, send the shopping list to your smart phone or someone else's, and tick off the items as you do your shopping. On your iPhone simply tap each item as you walk through the supermarket.
We have also included more than 130 everyday PlanBuyCook dinner, breakfast and snack recipes for you to try using ingredients available in the supermarket.
• Scale meals (1 to 10 serves)
• 130+ everyday recipes
• Add your own recipes
• Plan up to 3 meals a day
• Choose metric or imperial measurements and ingredient names
• Real life planner integrated with your calendar. Share your calendar between household members
• All freezable meals marked to allow you to double each meal and freeze half for later weeks
• Share recipes between PlanBuyCook users via AirDrop
• Print and email recipes
• Smart shopping list available on your phone
• Built in timers
• Support from planbuycook.com.au
At planbuycook.com.au we provide weekly suggested meal plans, helpful planning and cooking tips, extra recipes and kitchen basics such as how-to videos to help you find economical ways to feed your household and save time in the kitchen. We also have our FREE Dinner Done Challenge to teach you all how to meal plan over one month.
No more "What’s for dinner?" Plan your meals, shop once, cook simply – dinner done.
Great new recipes
iOS 11 compatibility
Social media links to PlanBuyCook’s Facebook and Instagram pages
Meal planning know-how
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty but some limitations on functions causing frustrations
Starting to use this app for meal planning
Initially buy function was working - not crashing out of app when touch the “buy” tab. Very frustrating. Have spent many hours trying to set up meal planning with the app, think I might now abandon it.
Attractive interface but some practical limitations that the developers might be able to look at:
- don’t seem to be able to share my entries or plans with my partner which significantly limits the usefulness of the app
- Should be able to enter more than 3 “meals” a day; veggies take one entry, desserts another, this doesn’t allow for planning to make bulk meals on weekends.
- Recipes should be crowd sourced. They are time consuming to enter, if I knew that I was contributing to others and benefiting from theirs that would be a sweetener on the time. Developers could have a review function without taking responsibility for the recipes.
- Should have an option between the images of the recipes and a list. The pictures are good if you are browsing but if there are a lot of recipes it’s tedious to scroll to find the one you want without using the search function.
- cost function on the shopping list would be a fantastic further development, as would the ability to import the shopping list into an online supermarket shop.
- should be able to print the shopping list directly from the app without emailing it
Could do with more work
This app has potential but it needs more work and bug fixes. I would like to see it sync over a cloud so you can share the receipts over multiple devices. Inputting recipes should be a lot easier, at the moment the choosing an ingredient on the iPad app is frustrating, plus for some reason as I’m entering the method the lettering comes up bold when I didn’t request it to be, infact it doesn’t give you that option so it stumps me at how it does. I would like to see importing a recipe from a pdf (for example). Felt a little ripped of that you pay money for about 15 recipes, I get more from free apps. This needs a lot of work if you want to people to pay for it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We are always looking to improve our app. You can share your own recipes between iOS devices via AirDrop. There are 130 recipes on the app from a variety of cuisines that can be scaled to match your household size from 1 to 10 serves, and any recipes you add can also be scaled.
Great app - but needs a few updates
I really enjoy this app and have really only just started using it. It’s already saved me time and money. But i was wondering if this app will be able to sync across my devices soon? It syncs some of my meals in my planner across but not all...like the recipes I entered myself on my iPad doesn’t go across to my iPhone. The ability for the shopping list to sync across would be great too - I know I can share it, but syncing happens without thinking. Once the app 100% syncs across it would be wonderful and even more user friendly
- APPETISING IDEAS PTY LTD
- 128.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Appetising Ideas Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.