By Tourism Victoria
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take a chance and be rewarded with some of Melbourne’s best-kept secrets, using this unique guide to the city from Tourism Victoria. Are you ready to play?
Gourmet food, artisan cocktails, boutique shopping, underground art galleries… Melbourne is full of hidden gems and discovering them by chance is half the fun. So forget those traditional guides – take a chance, roll the dice and play Melbourne.
Start at the location-based 3D picture grid. It gives you a taste of what’s nearby, wherever you are in Melbourne. Make a selection and, from there, simply navigate on a whim. Will you choose Rooftop or Basement? Sparkle or Spice? Shape or Stitch? Go wherever the mood takes you by swiping up, down, left or right. You can retrace your steps, but the next move is always yours.
If you’ve got a specific type of destination in mind, use the List feature to quickly find places to eat, drink, shop, or visit. Sort your list by the usual filters such as Cafés or Shops, or tap the more cryptic tags to take yourself somewhere unexpected.
TAKE A LOOK AROUND
In List or Map mode simply flip your iPhone to see what’s nearby (overlaid on a live camera view of your surroundings) then follow your nose and your instincts to your next destination.
- 3D Picture Grid: see what’s nearest to you in the centre, and what’s close by towards the edges
- Nearly 500 Listings: the best of Melbourne selected by those in the know
- Rich Imagery: high quality photos and top-notch reviews
- Descriptive Tags: Sort and explore by descriptive tags instead of just categories
Innovative “Swipe” Mode: explore according to your preferences, rewarding your curiosity
- Tap To Activate: Tap to see a venue’s location, or make a call
- Favourites List: Make and manage your own list of favourite places
- Augmented Reality: live camera view of single items and entire lists
Play Melbourne web site - http://www.playmelbourne.com
Melbourne landing page on visitvictoria - http://www.visitvictoria.com/melbourne
What's New in Version 1.1
- Updated content with the latest bars, eateries, shops and attractions.
- Simplified navigation.
- Minor bug fixes.
Awesome app. I like the explore page and the information. I think a categorised map with a point of the locations would improve the app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 30 April 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tourism Victoria
- © 2013 Tourism Victoria
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.