The Play School Art Maker app is a fun way for kids to freely create pictures, animated movies and story slideshows using their favourite Play School toys and craft items. They can even add their own audio narration, upload their own photos as backgrounds, and save photos of their art.
Play School Art Maker encourages imagination and creativity through open play - children are free to make and design whatever they like! There are no rules or timers.
The app is quintessentially Play School, with a hand-made aesthetic and a strong focus on storytelling. The playful sound design also features the much loved Play School piano and familiar voices of presenters Alex Papps and Karen Pang.
Play School Art Maker is aimed at kids aged 2-6 years and offers a wonderful creative experience for parents and carers to share with children.
* create pictures with Big Ted, Little Ted, Humpty, Jemima and their friends
* decorate scenes with a large range of art and craft items
* animate pictures to create movies with your own songs or narration
* choose from 6 Play School craft backgrounds (Beach, Bedroom, Farm, Kitchen, Moon, Underwater) or choose from 1 of 16 plain coloured paper backgrounds
* use a photo from your own album as a background to bring Play School into your world
* save pictures and animations to share with friends and family – you can even come back and edit them later
* make a story slideshow using up to 8 of your pictures and animations
* you don’t need to be connected to the internet to make pictures, animated movies or slideshows
* watch episodes of Play School (this feature requires a web connection and can be disabled)
Ratings and Reviews
buggy but amazing
Although this app is a little buggy for its first release, i rated it full marks because it is an amazing app that is simple, fun and an awesome learning tool that lives within ABC's world of Play School. All the characters are there, along with a huge selection of homestyle craft animals, foods, plants, vehicles and objects depending on what genre you choose from e.g. home, beach, moon, farm to name a few. I was gobsmacked when I realised the true potential of this app that allows you to create and save a personal storyboard picture or storyboard video (including recording your own audio) in the true spirit of Play School. A cool feature was the ability to use your own pictures as backgrounds.
A well thought out app for Play School fans both young and old. Good job!
This App is great - as i write this review my 5yo daughter is making a movie of her playschool art scene! Even my 7yo son likes this. Yet to be brave enough to let my 2yo play with it (the iPad has only been in our house for 3 days!) but she loves to watch her older siblings play, and recognises the characters and toys well.
I love that it has Alex's and Karen's encouraging voices on there, great to have something familiar. The puzzles are a great idea too, encouraging the hand-eye co-ordination.
All in all a great app for my iPad.....and i would go so far as to say this is the BEST FREE kid's app in the whole AUS App store!
Fabulous for special needs
We love this app. Thank you. My six year old has low functioning autism and this engages him constructively for ages. An Australian accent and great words like " Diddle", "Big Ted " "button" "Pom-Pom" and "Jemima"have the consonant-vowel-consonant combination we are using to achieve speech and we are getting close. The record feature is wonderful. I want to use it in place of other therapy apps. Is there any chance of developing flash cards of the characters with a record function?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.