PLD 2P Read 1a is an innovative two player early literacy game designed by Diana Rigg a renowned Australian Speech Pathologist and Educator. One of the few genuine phonics based activities perfect for early childhood classrooms.
The app is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities to:
• Rehearse their decoding and single word word reading skills.
• Extend their decoding and single word reading skills by gradually increasing the complexity of the words presented.
Particular consideration has been given to:
• Alphabet and phonic sounds (rather than letter names).
• The combining or blending of sounds (i.e. phonemic awareness) which is an essential foundation skills when extending reading ability.
• An ordered sequence of reading concepts.
-Fixed a bug where certain tap events weren't being registered in iOS 6.
-Updated the in-game background art.
-Updated some of the graphics and wording in the Guide menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and highly recommend it to everyone!
Disappointing. Only one game - kids get bored pretty quickly. Needs more variety using the same blending skill.
We have purchased 20 of these apps for our Pre primary iPads. We love the two player aspect and the fact that there is no option for 1 player. This is unique to this app and I love it because the children actually communicate and engage with one another as they play. I also like the 2 player aspect as an adult can interact with the child, teaching to point of error and prompting. In this way the ipad is simply a vehicle to motivate and engage the learner and is not left to be the teacher.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.