By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices. With the free Plex Media Server software on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.7
- Media deletion moved to pre-play context menu and expanded to include shows, seasons, artists, and albums.
- Show context menu for search results on long press.
- Adjust video playback quality individually for different connection types in Advanced Settings.
- Play Queues can now be saved to a new or existing playlist.
- See Camera Upload status in the library picker menu.
- Direct Play / Direct Stream Dolby audio (AC3).
- Seek using fast-forward/rewind buttons on Bluetooth remote controllers.
- The app now uses the San Francisco font.
- 3D touch on the app icon or add the Today Widget to your lock screen for quick access to recent media.
- Players show remaining time instead of the duration. You can tap on it to show the total duration again.
- Improve detection and feedback of playback errors using Streaming Brain.
- Using Poster image in Continue Watching section if Fan Art is not available.
- Episode number was not centered in Episode cells in Season Details View.
- Debugging menu moved to Help & Support, and now you can share your debug info from more services.
- Prevent library picker and cast button from getting stuck in a disabled state.
- Keyboard would remain on screen when opening the sidebar from a search.
- Tapping home in the sidebar would sometimes return to a previous search.
- Retry failed images when connection to the server is restored.
- Switching filters may crash the App.
- Season detail unwatched badge sizes to fit its content.
- Fixed audio player layout on iPhone 4S.
- Camera Upload is now paused during playback to prevent playback issues.
- Sync Storage limit reached message had a black line over.
- Fixed a subtle crash in Camera Upload.
- Multi-server search result locations are now ordered alphabetically.
- Tweaked search results UI for better readability.
- Improved post-play screen with TV Show title.
- Thumbnails while seeking will use the correct aspect ratio.
- Audio player would buffer the whole track before starting playback.
- The Add to Playlist button was sometimes disabled incorrectly.
- Disable alphabet bar for Cloud Sync libraries with and index out of date.
- Opening a related photo may not always create the right photo gallery.
- Couldn't open photos from search results.
- Fix problem with some photos not showing up in a gallery.
- Fixed an issue where a Plex Pass promotional screen wrongly appeared on local trailers.
- Fixed issues with Sync when the device’s free disk space is low.
No basic server management
Sitting here with nothing to watch because there is no way to refresh my TV Library from the app and the website isn't accessible from a mobile device because its stuck in a redirect loop from all browsers.
My files are automatically added to the right folders but plex scan when new files are added feature doesn't work with my shield and NAS setup.
All that's needed is a refresh button on the mobile app at least but better yet on all big screen connected devices too.
I can watch any of my favourite Movies and TV shows on any of our smart TVs in our home and our smart devices any where.
I even watch my favourite TV shows whilst exercising at the gym.
Either synced to my phone or streaming live from my Plex server.
Easy to use app, that simply works and works well.
This has become my media server/client of choice but every time there is an upgrade or every time I move my library there is hell to pay. Right now I have upgraded and yet again it has failed to gracefully transition from one version to another. It shows so much promise but there is also so much heartache. Big positive is that it is infinitely more usable than iTunes.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 01 February 2017
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 86.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2015 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)$7.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$7.99
- Yearly Plex Pass$60.99