Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Australia's original and best weather app sources its data from the only place that matters: the Bureau of Meteorology.
Built by locals right here in Australia, we've spent a lot of time refining and building the weather app we all want to use. So whether you need to check what it's going to be like this week on your phone, tablet or watch, we have you covered!
For those that love details though, we have some for you:
- Detailed weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Hourly temperature predictions 7 days into the future
- All the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars
- National synoptic chart
- Tide times (with offline download support)
- All the Bureau of Meteorology warnings for around the country
- Notification support if you want to know the weather at a particular time of day, or be notified of warnings as they occur
- Glance at the weather from the App icon badge, which you can set to show you the current temp, todays maximum and many more things
- 72 hours of historical information for each location
- Universal app: supports iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
We've worked long and hard over the years to bring you the weather and version 5 continues that legacy. As always we're open to your feedback and have even more amazing updates in the pipeline.
In the meantime, enjoy the weather!
What's New in Version 5.3
In the lead up to some huge announcements from a certain fruit company, we have a small update of our own:
- iPad: Added wind speed readout to graph, and wind direction to wind graph
- iPhone: Fixed an issue that could cause a blank panel to appear in the Today View
- Performance improvements
I've used the weather apps made by these developers from the original 'Pocket Weather' app, and I have to say it's the best weather app I've ever come across. I personally love the new layout. I was reluctant to upgrade due to poor reviews, but I find the UI snappy with all the info I want available at a glance. I love keeping tabs on sunrise/sunset times with Spring moving in, and the scrollable temperature graph is perfect for seeing exactly when a change is expected (or how cold it will be when I walk out the front door). It's a very nice design, and I've always enjoyed using Shiftjelly's weather apps over the past 6 years.
Still the best Australian weather app…
I've been using Pocket Weather for many years, and still love it. It needed a design update, and while the change was dramatic, it's well thought out and fun to use. Maybe the developers could have communicated the changes better, but the current rating has been driven down by people who just liked the old version better.
What you get if you buy it today is a fantastic app that looks like the screenshots! It was before, and still is today, the best Australian weather app available.
Disappointing doesn't come close
Customer rating says it all. Current v5.x interface 1 star. Compared to older v4.5.1 (was #so# much better & reliable) 4.5 star app. The inbuilt iOS weather app is better than v5.x with an interface that one can actually read without a magnifying glass. Current v5.x still crashing randomly, radar works sometimes, performance bah! What Performance improvement still as slow of ever. Developer doesn't listen to its customers where most really do NOT like the 'new' (in NO certain way 'improved') interface. Just read the comments, it's easy to identify real customers of this app and not sprukers trying to push the rating up from real customers rating it 1 star.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 08 June 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 59.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © ShiftyJelly Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.