Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Australia's original and best weather app sources its data from the only place that matters: the Bureau of Meteorology.
Built by locals right here in Australia, we've spent a lot of time refining and building the weather app we all want to use. So whether you need to check what it's going to be like this week on your phone, tablet or watch, we have you covered!
For those that love details though, we have some for you:
- Detailed weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Hourly temperature predictions 7 days into the future
- All the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars
- National synoptic chart
- Tide times (with offline download support)
- All the Bureau of Meteorology warnings for around the country
- Notification support if you want to know the weather at a particular time of day, or be notified of warnings as they occur
- Glance at the weather from the App icon badge, which you can set to show you the current temp, todays maximum and many more things
- 72 hours of historical information for each location
- Universal app: supports iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
We've worked long and hard over the years to bring you the weather and version 5 continues that legacy. As always we're open to your feedback and have even more amazing updates in the pipeline.
In the meantime, enjoy the weather!
What's New in Version 5.7
- Added Today to the forecast card on the iPhone making it easier to see exactly what you can expect for the current day
- Added refresh button to the radar
- Added ability to share warnings
Why remove min and max?
Before the most recent release, the forecast min and max temperatures for the day were visible on the main page for each location. When I reordered the cards to have the observations at the top, I could see today's forecast, the current temperature, the current wind speed, the amount of rain that had fallen since 9am yesterday, and the likelihood of rain today, all in one go.
As well as being developed by Aussie developers, this was what made this app so attractive.
Now I am faced with the admittedly first world problem of having to scroll and tap to see everything I want. The value and usability of the app has plummeted for me.
I'd love to see the forecast temperatures reinstated, or, failing that, included in the options for the summary observations card; I could conceivably ditch air pressure and humidity from the summary.
Shifty Jelly is doing sterling work, but this particular change irked me enough that I got off my backside and wrote a review. As an inherently lazy person, this should mean a lot.
Weather details at a glance
Max/Min temp gone from the main view. Please put it back. It would also be nice to see the weather description/details on the main view under the current temperature. Also when you tap on the Today card, it would be nice to see the details in grid view rather than a long list.
Now that the glitches have been fixed this app is once again the best on offer! Possible improvements now would be historical min max temperature and wind readings.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 04 July 2017
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 64.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © ShiftyJelly Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.