Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Australia's original and best weather app sources its data from the only place that matters: the Bureau of Meteorology.
Built by locals right here in Australia, we've spent a lot of time refining and building the weather app we all want to use. So whether you need to check what it's going to be like this week on your phone, tablet or watch, we have you covered!
For those that love details though, we have some for you:
- Detailed weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Hourly temperature predictions 7 days into the future
- All the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars
- National synoptic chart
- Tide times (with offline download support)
- All the Bureau of Meteorology warnings for around the country
- Notification support if you want to know the weather at a particular time of day, or be notified of warnings as they occur
- Glance at the weather from the App icon badge, which you can set to show you the current temp, todays maximum and many more things
- 72 hours of historical information for each location
- Universal app: supports iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
We've worked long and hard over the years to bring you the weather and version 5 continues that legacy. As always we're open to your feedback and have even more amazing updates in the pipeline.
In the meantime, enjoy the weather!
What's New in Version 5.3
In the lead up to some huge announcements from a certain fruit company, we have a small update of our own:
- iPad: Added wind speed readout to graph, and wind direction to wind graph
- iPhone: Fixed an issue that could cause a blank panel to appear in the Today View
- Performance improvements
It could be worse!
Look at it this way: This app was redesigned and turned into an app that nobody liked, we all gave feedback in the strongest terms and the developers have ignored it. That is what happened. However, what could have happened is that these developers listened, gave in to the requests of the users, who paid them for the app, and compromised their egos by changing it! A far worse outcome, don't you think?
So as I bow out of the room backwards, do you think it would be waaay too compromising to fix the tide updates on the iPad app, it appears to be stuck on Glenelg. Also please please please bring back the ability to scroll through the radar and satellite images?
Ruined a once great app
*update 26 June 2016*
After all the updates and all the complaints, the developers still arrogantly refuse to listen to customers feedback. And widget still doesn't update.
You've ruined a great app with your update, small font, no more daily summary at the front screen, widget doesn't update unless you open the app..... Used to look great but now looks ugly, great job guys. Bring back the old version. Remember the very first version ?? Like 5 years ago?? That used to look good and used to display all the info in one place with clear fonts that are easy to read. Every update to the app only made it worse, but this update...... Disgusting, full stop.
Good info, slow refresh
This app is good for finding out about your local weather and keeping up to date. Great feature is sliding timeline showing temp and weather conditions. On opening though app is often slow to refresh. Worse in this regard than earlier versions. Often have to wait quite a few seconds for the app to realise that there has been a time change since you last looked at it. Issue is the same on iPad and iPhone versions. Otherwise a very good and useful weather app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 08 June 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © ShiftyJelly Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.