Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Australia's original and best weather app sources its data from the only place that matters: the Bureau of Meteorology.
Built by locals right here in Australia, we've spent a lot of time refining and building the weather app we all want to use. So whether you need to check what it's going to be like this week on your phone, tablet or watch, we have you covered!
For those that love details though, we have some for you:
- Detailed weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Hourly temperature predictions 7 days into the future
- All the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars
- National synoptic chart
- Tide times (with offline download support)
- All the Bureau of Meteorology warnings for around the country
- Notification support if you want to know the weather at a particular time of day, or be notified of warnings as they occur
- Glance at the weather from the App icon badge, which you can set to show you the current temp, todays maximum and many more things
- 72 hours of historical information for each location
- Universal app: supports iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
We've worked long and hard over the years to bring you the weather and version 5 continues that legacy. As always we're open to your feedback and have even more amazing updates in the pipeline.
In the meantime, enjoy the weather!
What's New in Version 5.6
Was it hot enough last week? I think it was. Let's agree never to do that again. I'm struggling with a cool segue to insert here, so have a bulleted list:
- Fixed issues with the graphs wondering off down the page (or occasionally disappearing completely)
- Added rain predictions to the watch app and the large watch complication
- Tried to coax the watch app into updating itself a bit more often. You can do it little guy!
Good but a few continuing minor issues
Most of this app is great. It has the most reliable data for more areas than any other app I've used. There are a few continuing small issues that aren't deal breakers but a pain. The national weather maps go off the screen too and sides so you can't see all of Australian. Also the local notification be it temp or what ever you select doesn't follow you as you move, it stays where you last opened the settings, other apps can follow you.
Back to it's best!
Hooray. Pocket Weather AU is awesome again! Now I can finally delete the stock weather app!
Clearly you can't please everyone but I'm very happy they abandoned that disastrous mess of a previous version.
Only thing I might suggest is adding some very subtle (vector) animations to the pictograms of current conditions to give them a bit more life as the main page is a little static. Unnecessary I know but it'd really top everything off.
Best weather app
Have been using this app for years and love it. One tiny bug, it seems to be that if the closest radar is offline the warning message at the bottom actually tells you that the one it is using instead is the one that's offline, even though it's switched to it. Bit confusing but no major issue.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 15 February 2017
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 62.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © ShiftyJelly Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.