Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Weather Australia is a beautiful weather app which sources it's data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
This is a world class weather app made for Australians, by Australians.
Five years ago Pocket Weather Australia was the first Aussie weather app on iOS, and we continue to update it to make sure it remains the best!
What has it got?
- A stunning iOS 7 inspired user interface that adapts to the conditions being displayed.
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology data.
- Weather information for every suburb in Australia.
- Rain radars all around Australia.
- Tide times.
- Push notifications for temperatures, warnings, forecasts & more.
Pocket Weather Australia is a joy to use, thanks to the time we've spent planning, designing, building & polishing the user interface.
- Simple, intuative ui
- Dynamic weather display indicates conditions at a glance.
- Data is visualised as much as possible.
- Contrast has been increased throughout app for better readability.
Who makes this?
We do. We're called Shifty Jelly and we're from Adelaide. We're a team of four. We love making Pocket Weather Australia for you. :)
What has it got Part II: The details.
Hourly temperature & wind forecasts six days into the future (Everywhere except NT & QLD)
Forecast data (where supported)
- Chance of rain
- Amount of rainfall
- Maximum UV
- High & Low Temperatures
- Weekly forecast details
- Sunrise & Sunset times with first and last light
- Current Temperature
- Feels-like Temperature
- Rainfall since 9am
- Wind velocity
- Live UV
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
- Delta T
Three days of history information.
Downloadable tide tables for offline use.
- Rain Radars (64km, 128km, 256km, 512km radiuses where available)
- Rainfall radars (10min, 1 hour, Since 9am, 24 Hour)
- Wind Doppler
- National Rain
- National Satellite Map
Under the hood
- Background refresh; Pocket Weather updates quietly in the background so you needn't wait for a refresh after opening the app.
- Performance is back on older devices running iOS 7.
- Super fast refresh.
What's New in Version 4.1
This update, we spread the love to our iPad users. We've listened to your feedback and worked long and hard this year to bring you better performance, and more information. Some of the highlights include:
- First light, sunrise, sunset and last light times
- Observed high and low for today
- Cleaner, easier to navigate interface with more summarised information
- Smoother scrolling
- Historic rainfall for the last 2 days, so at your next dinner party you can wow guests with your knowledge of exactly how much rain fell during the whole day, not just since 9am :)
We've also fixed many, many bugs and improved the iPhone version as well. This makes version 4.1 the best Pocket Weather yet!
Great new look & features
Used to be the best weather app, but then it became 'ho-hum' with a few glitches that annoyed me enough to begin using another app. But the update is fabulous and yay! It automatically finds the current time again and the clarity of the interface is exceptional. Back to the best again.
Thank you! I am so pleased to see the return of the dew point and observed highs and lows. While I had not completely abandoned Pocket Weather, I have been using another app since the last update dropped this information. Now I am happy to return to Pocket Weather and give it 5 stars.
Brilliant and comprehensive
I've been a fan of this for a long time, but this version is nothing short of brilliant. Lots of weather info in one app, and the sunrise/set and max/min temps are especially useful. The customer service is excellent and they fix bugs quickly.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 26 February 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.