With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 8.0.1 - 8.0.4
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 8.0.0
• Full support for iOS 12 with special focus on the new iPhones and Apple Watch
• Improvements to the Apple Watch app
• New feature: Use Siri shortcuts to quickly start your favorite practice
• Technical fixes
MORE ON APPLE WATCH IMPROVEMENTS
• Control the volume directly from your watch while you are practicing
• Calorie readings from Apple Watch are sent to the iPhone and can be displayed on screen
• Calorie samples are now associated with your workout
• Improved performance
MORE ON SIRI SHORTCUTS
Siri will now suggest practices that you have enjoyed in the past directly on your Home or Lock screen. Quickly start your favorite yoga practice by tapping on one of these Siri shortcuts. Pocket Yoga will launch and your practice will begin. Take it one step further, by creating your own custom shortcut to your favorite practice from the new Siri Shortcuts app.
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
Practice at your own pace
Ok but clunky
It’s a pretty inexpensive app but I’m disappointed with how little content is available initially. You have to earn “karma” points to unlock further content so at present, there are only 3 routines plus 2 sun salutation programs available. These 5 items are really similar too and l don’t appreciate this sort of levelling up required to gain access to content I’ve already paid for.
The routines themselves are fine, if lacking variety. Also, the music is bit too prominent and the voice is super irritating. She mispronounces words (“er” instead is “earth”)and says “inhaaaaale”. Argh! Anyway, once I was able to zone her out I found the routines ok.
Great App: I am new to yoga 😊
I am enjoying this app a lot. Sometimes I can’t make it to classes because of work, and Pocket Yoga has been a great way to keep up the practices at home. At first I thought the images would be confusing because I’m terrible at following directions but I’ve been able to keep up the sequences in the app. The music is relaxing as well. One suggestion I’d like to give is that I’d really like to eat able to select from a collection of music.
Practice at your own pace
- Rainfrog, LLC
- 186.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Rainfrog, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.