Express Dictate is a voice recorder for iPhone. You dictate directly on your device using the controls. When done, tap send and the dictation will be compressed and sent to your typist by email automatically.
For ease of use, operation of the record and playback features is designed to closely mimic that of old style dictation recorders. You can also playback, rewind, insert or overwrite as required using the keys on the front.
This dictation voice recorder is designed to have all the features you need as easy to use as possible and reliable for day-to-day operation. By installing Express Dictate you will quickly find it will replace your old dictaphone, and by using the internet to send dictations, will also improve the turnaround on typing.
Express Dictate Free Features:
* Record and playback dictation using the controls on the device.
* Editing, inserting and overwriting. You can select between record overwrite, record insert and record end modes.
* Optional voice activated recording. When selected Express Dictate only records while you are speaking.
* Automatic compression of audio files to reduce upload times and storage requirements.
* Sends recording in compressed wave (wav) or dictation (dct) file formats.
* Files can be sent via FTP, email, and iTunes.
All files sent by Express Dictate can be transcribed by the free foot pedal controlled transcriber software Express Scribe Transcription Player Software.
*Please backup ALL dictations before upgrading from a previous version*
*Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic and best dictation app
This is a fantastic app. I use it for business when I'm on the go and don't have a laptop to plug my regular Olympus dictaphone into. I can dictate and then send direct to my reception for typing which I have done on many occasions and they can still use the Olympus transcribing software with this file version although it is not as compressed.
Some suggested improvements for this app (even if it was pay version) is to be able to use the volume buttons on the iphone as a pause/rewind toggle in the same way as a slide switch on professional dictaphones. Using the screen pause button is not as natural or responsive. The camera uses this feature so the option appears to be possible.
The second comment is auto finish of names for emailing. Present version requires full typing of contacts. Keep up the good work.
to the reviewer who said there is no pause button, there IS an equivalent of pause because you can stop and continue, so its the same as pause, you can stop the recording, and just continue recording from where you left off.
I think its a very decent program, especially when its free. It crashes occassionally when you try to play the sound file in the list screen, but overall, decent, and the files it creates are very small so its quick to send off, and it uses wav format, so it can be played back by almost any device, extremely compatible.
Get it now while it
I have the PC version of this software and it is THE software for voice dictation. You can easily record over, insert in a recording or record at the end with a touch of a button. It's also super easy to email your recordings to your typist or even ftp them. This is a great business tool for professionals on the go who routinely send audio files to typists.
- NCH Software
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 by NCH Software. All Rights Reserved. NCH Software, NCH products and their respective logos are trademarks of NCH Software.
- In-App Purchases
- All Current Features $14.99
- Unlimited Dictation $7.99
- Remove Ads $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.