Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to and play your favourite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favourite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations and play position in sync across all your devices, computers and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sport and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favourites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favourite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favourite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favourite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions and your stations, and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the Lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
I have tried everything to get this app to properly sync my podcasts and have had no luck. It's a lucky dip as to whether the podcast I downloaded to my computer will be reflected on the iphone-- half the time it comes up downloaded, and half the time it expects me to download it again over mobile data. Syncing it manually doesn't work consistently either. And every so often it deletes not only everything on the iphone, but everything I had downloaded to the computer as well. Years of archived podcasts have been lost. I do NOT recommend this app under any circumstances. Please bring back podcast support in the music playback app! That was perfect!
Apple ignoring a problem
The podcasts app hasn't been syncing podcasts between iTunes and the app for some time now, making it completely useless. You would think for an issue that seems to affect a good number of people apple might have actually tried to fix it, but no they seem to ignore it.
What's the to? Since 7.1 the podcast app is broken... I now get invisible buttons in app.
Seriously Apple, I would expect a little more polish on this app
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 March 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.