By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 21, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 - 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.29.1
- The 7-day ‘First PokéStop of the Day’ streak will now award a random Evolution item.
- Minor text fixes.
Thanks for 7 day evolution items.. pity this wasn't thought of before the decision to make them so rare! The new update doesn't display any Pokémon 'sightings' for a long time! Events are very useful in keeping this game alive, although Niantic seem to not care about this, with excessive speed restrictions, poor pokestop rewards, extremely overpriced 'shop' and very bad customer communication. I wonder, who at niantic actually plays this game?
This game could reach its height again .. we need more excitement, person to person battles that don't have to be fought in a gym that would be good gyms are a waste of time there have the same Pokémon ruling them and are unbeatable half the time ..more Pokémon around that aren't the same unevolvable boringness ...
Distance counting for eggs and buddy still seems off. Getting white screen of death after the fireworks load screen with requires force shut and reopen the app.
Apart from that, slowly getting better. Why so slow to add features?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 24 March 2017
- Version: 1.29.1
- Size: 296 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016 Niantic, Inc. © 2016 Pokémon. © 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$1.49
- 550 PokéCoins$7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$14.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$30.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$62.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$159.99