Pokémon GO has now introduced social and trading features that allow Trainers to connect with each other by adding friends, sending Gifts, and participating in a new Friendship level system that unlocks bonuses. Trainers can now trade Pokémon with other Trainers nearby, earning a Candy Bonus for the Pokémon received.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 800 million times and named "Best Mobile Game" by The Game Developers Choice Awards and "Best App of the Year" by TechCrunch.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of June 18, 2018.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the "Health App Data").
- Trainers of all ages welcome! But if a Trainer is a child, parental consent is required. Please see the Terms of Service for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
A Non-Fan Who Fell In Love this Game
I never was a fan of Pokémon. I guess I was the next generation up from the anime and game craze. Even when the Pokémon Go craze hit, I avoided it partly due to that I didn’t care for Pokémon. Partly because I used to frequently play an old location-based collecting game called Gowalla and thought I’d be too hooked. And partly because I hate hype.
Then about a month after its release my close friend group were meeting up for a Pokémon hunting day. I didn’t want to not join them as one of my friends was going back overseas soon after. So I decided to install the game just so I wouldn’t feel left out or have nothing to do.
Well it’s over a year later. Many people have dropped off who were part of the craze. And here’s me. The non-Pokémon fan still playing on a daily basis. As are my group of friends. I’m still not a big Pokémon fan. But I love Pokémon Go. It’s had it’s ups and downs, but more ups than downs. I love going out with my friends and hunting or more recently raiding. Or just open up the game when I’m on a walk by myself. I even roped my husband into playing. And like full Pokémon fans I now have my favourites too. <3
Introduce trading? But can’t trade items?
As much as I love this game and want to love it more I can’t seem to. This is the only app I would spend money on and yet with every update you fall short every time. Why can’t you trade or sell items that you have excess of? Why can you only trade Pokémon? If you are introducing Pokecentres, that’s good and all but what’s the point of me having 3 dragon scales after I’ve evolved my Seadra? There isn’t much. What’s the point of my girlfriend having 4 Kings Rock after she’s evolved Slowbro and Poliwhirl? Not a lot really. Waste of a reward system for 7 day streaks and just seems like the system isn’t as well thought out as it could be.
I get that it’s hard to make a game as good as this but you guys fall short every time. It’s just lucky that the Pokémon Community is as big and loving as it is.
And what sort of company doesn’t have an email where you can’t have some sort of free form text where you can actually explain a personal issue with the game. Your consumers have a right to voice there opinion to listen and it’s your job to listen. You say you are very supportive of the community but it feels like you guys don’t care about us and limit what we can tell you so you can hear what you want to hear.
Please change these features
GIFTS - can you please make it that each time you spin a poke stop you get a guaranteed gift ensuring you always have 20 gifts in your bag? I want to gift my friends but sometimes just cannot get gifts from pokestops which is so annoying.
BATTERY SAVER - I don't know why this hasn't been implemented but it would be cool if you could turn off the game animations (Pokemon backgrounds animation when you click on them) and the game haptics. On iPhone you can turn off the haptics which basically means each screen you press just appears rather than how it is now (if you click on menu the 3 options will slide appear rather than just appear).
COINS - I understand Niantic needs to make money but 50 coin per day cap is ridiculous. At least make it 100 so we don't have to save for 3 days to buy just one incubator.
INCUBATORS - Should last longer than 3 uses. Maybe 5 instead?
GYMS - At the "next up" screen when battling you should be able to select the mon you want to use rather than waiting until the battle has started and then choosing.
- Niantic, Inc.
- 262.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.