By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 21, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 - 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.21.2
- Pokémon GO for Apple Watch
- Minor text fixes
For the players
This game is literally for the player...I love the fact that every time it updates, it has added a feature that were all talking about for example stardust we've all said "their has to be an easier way to get this" and they added the daily rewards giving you more stardust. Egg incubators we've said the exact same, surely enough they've added a feature were they give you a single use one on your first stop of the day (please don't ever remove this feature). The only reason I gave this a 4/5 stars is because they've removed the feature of being able to even play this as your mate drives around and you hit pokestops for both of you, I miss those long nights hunting for everything on the sightings list, now I literally sit at home wait for Pokemon to spawn in and hit the stop across the road please bring back the feature where you could use this as a passenger!
Pokemon go is one of the worst designed games i have played. The developers must not play the game as they dont seem to understand what updates are needed and what is not. Every update seems to make the game less playable meaning they dont understand what is good and bad about the game. Niantic spend more time developing an AR system that can easily be sold rather than making pokemon go into a good game.
Pokemon go is a AR mobile activity tracker with a pokemon skin over the top. It feels like a beta project(alpha was ingress) they are using to develop a system that can have any skin added to it. It is not really a game at all.
It is being set up in a way to make revenue from patrons as well as companies like mcdonalds who get to advertise ingame and attract players through pokestops.
Niantic is not interested in making pokemon a better game, just in making a better more marketable system for resale.
Good game but keeps crashing
I use to enjoy this game but since I updated it, it keeps crashing before I even get onto the loading screen and if it does manage to get to the loading screen it usually freezes for a few seconds then crashes. I was told to make sure that I'm on the right IOS update and I checked and it said I was up to date. not sure why this new update to the app is crashing my game but I read some other reviews and others seem to be having similar problems with the latest update. I hope Niantic manage to fix what ever has happened this great game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 22 December 2016
- Version: 1.21.2
- Size: 285 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016 Niantic, Inc. © 2016 Pokémon. © 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$1.49
- 550 PokéCoins$7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$14.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$30.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$62.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$159.99