By Niantic, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 750 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced a revamped Gym gameplay experience, including the opportunity to join together with others to battle against powerful Pokémon in the new Raid Battle feature!
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers. You can also participate in Raid Battles at Gyms around the world. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 1, 2017.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.49.4
Bring back iOS 8 support or I quit
Give us iOS 8 support or old iPhone users will quit. Also this game is getting less playable with every update. Now that raids require so many people to appear spontaneously at the same time and are shorter duration, it's harder to play, especially in rural or suburban areas. Why did you end the raids so early. Pokémon go is a 24/7 game. I missed being able to run to a Dragonite in the middle of the night in a dark park and I would be sure that over 100 people would show up. Now you're just slowly churning the player base. Give us back the ability to earn 100 coins a day. Gyms are pointless now. I used to go to extremely remote places just to ensure my Pokémon lasts 6 months but now I'm hoping exactly one gets knocked out every day. I want iOS 8 support back now or I quit.
Heart Surgery Rehab Helper
I had major heart surgery plus complications and more surgeries in late 2016. Could not walk a few steps without excruciating pain and this game helped a lot in re-learning how to be active again. I was walking real slow at first but when I had to hatch eggs especially a 10k egg it motivated me to walk some more. Was ecstatic when I got Lapras! Now I am fit and back to work- still playing the game and a loyal fan. Thanks Niantic and all the developers of the game!
I played this game for over a year, an absolute fan - but then, my email address was moved from the Google Domain to Office 365 and Niantic won’t let me log back in. There are other people in the world who don’t have a gmail address- very disappointing Niantic. If you want more players give those who have a huge amount of saved game time the ability to log in using other methods.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 08 November 2017
- Version: 1.49.4
- Size: 303 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$7.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$14.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$30.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$62.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$159.99