By Sarah Pierce
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PopWords! is a simple and addictive word finding game. There are three different ways to play:
Classic: Find words as fast as you can from an endless stream of letters. Finding words fast enough to keep the game going gets harder and harder as time passes. Try to reach the highest level you can! Then check out the leaderboards in Game Center and realize you've got a long way to go :)
Puzzle: You only get one board full of letters, so use them wisely! Longer words will earn you more points, and clearing the board completely will double your points for the whole game. Play on your own or compete in our Daily Puzzle competition to your score compares to everyone else who played that day. You can even watch the winning solution!
Practice: Relax with no timer and just try to find as many great words as you can!
• Easy to learn -- just drag to make words!
• Daily Puzzle lets you compete against the world every day
• Game center leaderboards and achievements
• Tracks your records, averages, and all-time best words
• Relaxing untimed Practice mode
• A fun mental exercise to keep your brain sharp!
What's New in Version 1.61
What's new in the latest updates? Wow, a lot!
- More words added to the dictionary. I can also add words to the dictionary without having to update the whole game now, so if you notice any missing words send 'em in!
- You can now undo 5 moves instead of just one.
- New achievements! Earn trophies for word length, points, Daily Puzzle finishes, and more!
- You can view word lists for the top 25 Daily Puzzle solutions every day. To see them, watch the winning solution (you can skip to the end if you want), and then press the button that appears at the end.
- The Stats page now tracks your top-100 and top-500 daily puzzle finishes. When I first made the Daily Puzzle I had no idea so many people would play it. It is now really, really hard to finish in the top 10!
- There are also Game Center leaderboards for total top-100 and top-500 finishes.
- Word selection by dragging is a lot smoother--a lot of people reported that the first letter would sometimes get dropped. This should be fixed.
- You can double tap the last letter of a word to submit it with tap input
- You can tap the first letter of a word to cancel it with tap input
- I Added a confirmation popup to the "Done" button in case you hit it by accident.
- I fixed the percentile bug on the Daily Puzzle section of the Stats page. Thanks so much to the user who sent a bug report!
- The game now works on iPad pro. Thanks to all the users who reported this bug!
- Bug fix for game getting sluggish after many words have been found. Thanks so much to all the users who reported this bug and sent in lots of helpful info!
- Bug fix for ads showing up in the paid version. Sorry about this!
Thanks so much to all the users who sent feedback. The emails really help me a lot, and I try hard to incorporate the features that are most requested. Hope you guys enjoy the update! -- Sarah
My fave puzzle & my 1st review! Can make PWs as easy or difficult depending on mood or time. Daily mode prevents game getting stale & it’s provoking enough to compare one’s results. Gets me using words in conversations I haven’t used in years! Easy to use & if my screen edge is clean have no problem with afore mentioned first letter of words. ❤️ I highly recommend PWs.
Fun and free
I have a thing about the games I play. I either pay a couple of dollars or they are free. This freeby is fun to play, a bit like a bigger boggle. There is a daily quiz or classic etc. Different every day and helps the old grey cells to fire up.
The daily puzzle is great to play and challenging to try and get the high scoring words.
It does often accept a word when I haven't hit the submit button, but I just hit the undo button and continue on.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 30 June 2016
- Version: 1.61
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sarah Pierce
- © Megafauna Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases