Precision Pulse is a precision heart rate monitor (HRM) app intended for experienced HRM users and researchers looking to capture heart rate (HR) or RR interval data over extended periods of time.
• Compatible with Bluetooth Smart (BLE) straps and pulse monitors, and Polar type HRM straps using ithlete ECG receiver
• Conventional heart rate (HR) recording mode with individualized zone feedback, intensity bargraph & out-of-zone sound alerts
• Individualised aerobic and anaerobic training zones suitable for endurance or interval workouts
• First and second ventilatory (lactate) threshold estimation
• Sophisticated calorie calculation using age, weight, gender and fitness level (VO2 max)
• Training Load calculation using 3-zone (Lucia) TRIMP model
• Stopwatch & lap timer functions
• Detailed interactive chart showing heart rate & training load profile of current and stored workouts
• Training log with date, total & lap times, Calories, TRIMP, max and average heart rates
• Low power consumption – can be used in background to record hours worth of data
• RR recording mode capturing all heartbeat intervals to 1 ms accuracy
• Interactive chart which can be used during recording and to explore saved RR data files
• RR data export compatible with HRV analysis tools such as Kubios, Polar ProTrainer
• Compatible with iOS 7.1 and later
• Bluetooth Smart requires compatible hardware (iPhone 4s and later)
• RR mode requires compatible chest strap that transmits optional parts of Bluetooth 4.0 spec
Precision Pulse is an accurate, easy to use heart rate monitor (HRM) training app that provides visual and audio feedback of all essential heart rate functions.
ECG accurate heart rate, average & maximum heart rates, personal HR zones, workout and lap times are all supported, together with sophisticated training load (TRIMP) and calorie calculations.
Precision Pulse is also the first heart rate monitor app that incorporates Dr Phil Maffetone's 180 formula designed to maximise development of your aerobic fitness and ability to use fat efficiently as a fuel during exercise.
Requires additional hardware available from www.myithlete.com/products
Bluetooth Smart pairing completely reworked for iOS 8
5-zone heart rate barograph in measure view
New R-R interval recording & display modes
Improved chart interactivity
Ratings and Reviews
Really really BAD.
Surprised that there are so view reviews even though the app is around for a while now. The HRM app is better than most I have looked at, yet still falls short of being useful for me. Would like to overlap selected graphs for comparison and annotate laps and associate notes etc. The main problem for me is the short range of the dongle. In my case it's only about 40cm. I have a polar T31 (which they recommend) and also a T61 as well as a wearlink (with new batteries). The range is never longer, yet my Polar receiver and my treadmill have a range exceeding 1m with the same belts.
In summary. It doesn't work for what I bought it for. Incidentally their other app ( ithlete HRV) has recently been improved. I would like to see a similar update for HRM. Evan though the range of the HRV app is shorter still, it does not matter for that app. For the HRM app it's a deal breaker though.
Very dated UI. Unconventional TRIMP measurement. Heart rate limit sounds stop music playing and must be manually restarted. Over priced
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.