By Pierre Aclement
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flame wielding arcade action with a poetic atmosphere and irritable vegetation.
5/5 - AppAdvice - Game of the week - "a real gem [...] gameplay is completely unique "
5/5 - Cult of Mac - " It just keeps on being amazing"
4/5 - TouchArcade - "Primal Flame could start a whole new genre"..."beautiful ... poetic"
4/5 - 148Apps - "extremely cool and tactile mechanics"
- IGN - App of the day ( 25 / 02 )
- GamesRadar - "Might be one of the most beautiful [games] you’ll find on iOS"
4.5/5 - Appgefahren.de - "An absolute download recommendation"
4.5/5 - iPhonelife - "refreshingly enjoyable"
4.5/5 - Apptual Gamer - " One of the most beautiful mixes of art and arcade you can find nowadays."
It’s dark and you’re alone amidst the sounds of the forest. Strike up a flame to light your way in this alluring and dangerous world.
Encounter malevolent flowers, falling leaves and dark rain as the forest seeks imaginative ways to extinguish your flame. Rescue luminous seeds to refuel your light and help you fight the growing darkness.
Swipe, dodge and burn to stay alive as you move through the obstacles in a dance of fire.
- Spark up your match to experience the graceful single touch control of seven richly-colored flames
- Progress through three enchanting worlds as you learn to master the element of fire.
- Rescue seeds to unlock beautiful flames & spells that assist you in the darkness - no iAP :)
- Infinite-play worlds, Game Center leaderboards and achievements with bonus seeds.
- More worlds, flames and spells to come in updates
- Home brewed by two people and one pencil-top sheep using 5000 matches and gallons of Irish tea.
DEV TEAM :
Niamh Cunningham & Pierre Aclément
Spread the word.
Review us if you enjoy the game.
Thank you all for your support :)
FOLLOW US :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/primalflame
Website : http://www.irrelevantfish.com/primalflame
Twitter : @primalflame
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Thanks for all the feedback received.
- Auto-brightness now optional (thanks Jessie)
- Easier match relight
- Flame requires less relighting
- Reduced seed price for SlowMo ( you got a seed refund)
- Ethereal flame is more powerful
- Flower burn accuracy adjusted
Primal flame has some great music and gameplay mechanics which are only found in the best games. That being said, despite some effort to get further into the game, I cannot justify continuing playing or recommending this.
The gameplay is fluid but the game lacks encouragement to continue. It is very difficult and easy to lose. There are only three stages to play and, although this is usually not an issue, the stages are too similar and playing through each one can feel like a chore. Seeds can be collected during play and used to spend on different flames and spells but only one upgrade can be chosen at a time, meaning that spending seeds is usually not worth the time taken to collect them.
I must praise the creators for making such a well-constructed game but, at this point in time, a lack of variety in the gameplay seems to be limiting its potential.