Pro Metronome - Tempo,Beat,Subdivision,Polyrhythm
By Xiao Yixiang
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pro Metronome - The best metronome app. Period.
Featured in Apple's WWDC 2014 showcase "Apps We Can't Live Without."
Pro Metronome is a powerful tool that helps you master both daily practice and stage performance. It has redefined how more than 4 million people sync to a beat. At the heart of the app lies our extremely precise, studio-quality metronome which we've refined even further with 3.13.
The free version is packed with features. We feature 13 different metronome tones including even a voice option. Running our newest RTP (Real-Time Playback) technology, our metronome clocks an accuracy of ±20μs.
Pro Metronome is all about customization. Change beat tones, accents, and even the dynamics of your rhythm ("f", "mf", "p" and "mute"). The Pro Version unlocks even more features including subdivisions and polyrhythm settings. Create complex patterns with triplets, dotted notes and non-standard time signatures.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. The free version of the app includes sound, but upgrading to Pro enables Visual, Flash, Vibrate and Airplay Modes. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you're playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device's camera flash to sync up the entire band easily. You can even use Airplay Mode to beam the metronome to a projector or Apple TV!
Pro Metronome doesn't just help you keep time, it also helps you train. Pro Metronome built the Rhythm Trainer which mutes a selected bar in the beat, allowing your brain to fill in the gap and thus train your innate sense of timing. It's a simple, heavily requested idea not found in any other app to date.
Pro Metronome also supports a host of secondary features: background play mode, in-app volume adjust and even the ability to save song/tempo playlists to share with friends. It's a powerful, elegant and intuitive app - a must for the modern musician.
Pro Metronome Basic Features:
* Intuitive, ad-free interface even in the free version
* Dynamic time signature settings
* 13 different time-keeping styles, including a counting voice
* Dynamic accent settings, including f, mf, p, and mute indicators
* Tap in your own BPM
* Color Mode – see the beats graphically displayed on screen
* Pendulum Mode, for visual feedback
* Power-Saving/Background Modes – works in lock screen, home, or in another app
* In-app volume adjustment
* Extreme precision (±20μs) using RTP (Real Time Playback) technology
* Timer to help you keep track of your session
* Tone generators
* Landscape Mode for increased resolution
* Universal app – supported on iPhone, iPod and iPad
* Audiobus support
* Apple Watch support
Pro Features include:
* Sensory aids: LED/Screen Flash Mode (iPhone 4 and above) and vibration (only available for iPhones)
* Subdivisions including triplets, dotted notes, and many more
* Polyrhythms – stack two rhythm tracks on top of each other
* Programmable playlists – save and load your favorite settings
* Dual Screen Mode using AirPlay (requires iPhone 4s/iPad2 and above)
* Wirelessly playlists sharing
* Rhythm Trainer – helps to develop your steady beats
* Stage Mode – the indispensable companion for performing musicians.
* Practice Mode – allows you to programme automatic tempo change to suit your practice regime.
EUMLab helps unleash your musical talent! With pioneering technology, EUMLab create sleek, beautiful products for both the professional and novice musician alike.
Find out more about us: EUMLab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook: @EUMLab
Questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our videos: eum.io/eumvideo
What's New in Version 3.13.2
Hey guys, the Pro Metronome app is becoming more powerful!
1. Programmable playlist is now available
2. Now you can choose the timing to switch songs in playlist, on touch or on next downbeat
3. Optimized the appearance of playlist interface
4. Settings can be configured manually with clearer interface
5. Added tone generator feature
6. Optimized the experience in Stage Mode
7. Volume control is easier now
8. Fixed bug for the watch app
9. Now you can purchase separate in-App-Purchase features as you like
10. Supported traditional Chinese language
I've paid for all the features and am loving the amount of options there are. A favourite feature of mine (the app defaulty works this way) is that the metronome will play audio along side any other app if you don't stop it, even when recording with the camera.
Strangely, even though i've bought all the pro features, the practice mode's "start" button still displays the "pro" label on it as if i haven't bought it. This visual discrepancy doesn't affect the feature though, i've used it plenty without fail.
Free version useless
I am well aware there are feature limitations with any free app. However, every time I open the app, before I have even praised any buttons, I get an error message saying that feature isn't allowed in the free app. I have to click to close the error message. It then pops up again straight away and I have to click it to make it go away. Only then can I actually start the metronome. All I want is a beat. But ever time I want to start or end the beat I have to click away two error messages. Very very frustrating. If I decide to pay for a metronome I will deliberately pick a different one.
No response yet!
I really like this app. I bought the pro version and so much more available. HOWEVER!!!!! When I purchased a new iPad it keeps telling me that the device isn't authorised and I can fix this in system settings. Blow me down but I cannot find anything in there to solve this. "Support" is useless on this point. Sent email asking for help over a month ago. NO RESPONSE!
Is it now necessary to purchase again because I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!'
- Category: Music
- Updated: 30 June 2015
- Version: 3.13.2
- Size: 89.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Xiao Yixiang
- ©2014 EUMLab, Xanin Tech. GmbH. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Version$4.49
- Practice mode$1.49
- Rhythm Trainer$1.49
- Vibrate, Flash and AirPlay$1.49
- Customizable tone generator$1.49