Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
Please enjoy this touchy feely Procreate update.
- Recolor is now not just a one-time deal - touch it again.
- Some Brush Settings sliders are now much more open about going both ways.
- The sidebar sliders are more responsive, and won't ignore your desperate calls. U up?
- The Gallery was showing an old thumbnail, but only if it was an imported or default artwork and only for the first item. Weird.
- We've greatly improved the experience of transforming the fifteen thousand, eight hundred and seventy-fourth pixel on second-generation iPad Pros.
- The "Global Touch" option in Gesture Controls was sending mixed signals, as in fact it meant the opposite of what it said.
- Actions menu buttons will light up every time you touch.
- Everyone likes to bang, but with these new fixes you should crash less.
We’d love to hear what you think of Procreate. Find @procreate on social media, or leave a review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Amazing, but frustrating.
I bought an iPad Pro specifically to get pro create, it has everything I need to get my ideas from my head to the canvas quickly and easily. Brushes are amazing and the workflow is easy and fun. However after the most recent update to version 4 the app constantly freezes whilst I’m in the middle of drawing, sometimes I will have my pen on the screen for a while wether it be colouring or doing linework and it’s quiet frustrating to lose that spontaneous idea in a matter of seconds. Not only does it freeze for about 15 seconds but it then tries to correct its mistake and starts deleting previous lines and colours that I’ve done, without being able to re-do and get this back. At first I lived with it because I love this app so much, and I still do. But recently it’s become quite impossible to use. I hope they find a fix because this app is almost perfect and I plan on using it for many years to come. That aside it’s worth every penny, just not for the impatient!
Hi xgongivittoya! This issue has absolutely been fixed in the latest versions of Procreate and iOS. If you make sure you're updated to iOS 11.2.5 and Procreate 4.0.8, you shouldn't experience this issue again.
The best art prog on ipad
This is a really brilliant app. I’m used to drawing cartoons in a subscription based prog on a desktop and this blows it away. Like others here i bought the ipad purely to use Procreate. I love it and i love the fact it’s non subscription based and comes from Tasmania! I found the importing brush and palettes option a major plus. There are some excellent 3rd party cartoony line brushes available. Procreate doesn’t have a text option so i use one of the many text to photo apps out there. It also currently lacks a crop tool so i crop in ‘photos’. I’m using Procreate every day all day and can’t recommend it more highly. It’s never crashed or frozen on me. I can see the day is dawning when i never have to use a desktop again. A major ‘thank you’ to the guys at Savage for coming up with such a great tool.
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 159.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.