By Daniel Farrelly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Have you ever arrived at a performance only to discover that the singer has decided to change the key at the last minute? Sure, you could sit down and transpose your prepared charts, but that takes time: time that you might not have available at that moment.
And what about those folders of chord charts you have sitting on your shelf, taking up space? Surely there’s got to be a better system for storing all that sheet music.
Progressions is an app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, which allows you to store, organise and transpose simple chord charts, enabling you to use your device as a customised music display, or simply as a catalogue of the songs that you love to play.
You only need a basic understanding of chords for this app to transform the way you store written music, making the app perfect for beginners and professional musicians alike.
Charts are entered as completely free text, and can include song lyrics, notes about the song, shorthand instructions, section titles, etc. Progressions cleverly isolates the chords within the chart, allowing it to be transposed into any key you choose.
• Easily enter chord charts with lyrics or notes, or import text files.
• Create “sets” of charts for playing from in performances or practice sessions.
• Transpose charts to any key, on the fly.
• Print charts wirelessly using AirPrint.
• Send PDF copies of charts via email.
• Adjust display settings such as brightness, auto-lock and font size.
• Backup and restore your charts database.
What's New in Version 2.0
I'm sure that most of you thought Progressions was out for the count. It's definitely true that it's been a long time, but don't give up hope just yet! Progressions v2.0 is here, with a small (but significant!) update to bring it in line with all the changes that iOS has seen over the past few years.
- The old look was getting pretty... well, OLD. This new version is redesigned to fit in with the rest of iOS, losing the dated textures and going with a darker, sleeker look that works great just as great on stage as it does in your living room.
- Improved support for additional screen sizes! Whether you use an iPad Pro, or one of the larger iPhones, this update should ensure maximum use of the screen to make things a whole lot easier for you.
- Support for iOS's built-in sharing features has been improved, allowing more freedom with how you share your charts. PDFs, text files and links are all able to be shared with the built in share sheet, making it easier to get charts from one place to another.
- Backup files should a little more solid now, as I resolved a bug that could cause charts to be missed when creating them.
- The backlight slider now taps into the system control (which didn't exist the last time I updated the app, DANG) to dim the screen.
- Dropbox integration has been removed, since the same behaviour can be achieved by using Export > Open In from the Dropbox app itself.
- A whole bunch of small fixes and updates under the hood to help make this release the best yet (90% of the app has been rewritten and updated at this point).
Stay tuned, because there'll be more updates in the near future! In the mean time, if you have suggestions or need assistance, you can email me at email@example.com, or hit up @progressionsapp on Twitter. I'd love to hear from you!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 13 September 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 12.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Farrelly
- © 2017 Daniel Farrelly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.