QLDTraffic is the official source of live traffic and travel information from the Queensland Government. It lets you check traffic conditions and plan your journey before you drive.
Managed by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, QLDTraffic provides information on road conditions throughout Queensland, including crashes and hazards, road closures and restrictions, roadworks and special events. The app also provides access to web cameras that relay near real-time traffic imagery.
Add your favourite routes to the app, like the trip to the office or a car journey to school, and QLDTraffic will inform you of traffic issues on the way. It’ll even send you personalised push notifications if something happens on your favourite routes, so that you’ll know before you go.
· Save favourite routes and places to receive personalised traffic alerts as push notifications
· See live traffic alerts and events on a map
· Filter traffic alerts to see:
o What’s happening on your routes or around your current location
o Incidents near your calendar events (if you’ve set a location for the event)
o Crashes, flooding, and hazards
o Road closures and restrictions
o Roadworks and special events
o Traffic flow and congestion
o Traffic web cameras
· Add a route by searching for a way to drive
· Use travel mode while you’re on the move to get live traffic alerts throughout your journey
o Travel mode includes audio announcements, so you can continue to pay attention to the road.
· Add custom routes by recording your trip in travel mode
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and syncing performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
There has been no response to repeated accusations of TMR staff posting positive reviews for their own app here. Feel free to comment an answer on this one.
Developer Response ,
Hi GeekyProf, we’ve looked into it and you’re right that we have received some positive reviews from TMR staff. We have almost 9,000 employees in the department and most of them are here because they’re really into what we do. We’re guessing they’ve heard about the new app through our internal comms and, thinking they were being supportive, some of them have downloaded it and posted reviews. We encouraged people to check the app out, but no one was directed to post a review. So while it’s not a good look, we can tell you honestly that the reviews were posted by Queenslanders in good faith, and not as undercover TMR staff.
I am sitting in a huge traffic jam app says no incident- no way to advise tmr of incident in app
Developer Response ,
Hi Debanne9, we appreciate your feedback. Our traffic alerts are reviewed/updated as conditions change. For some alerts, this could be multiple times per hour, for others it may be every few days. If you have concerns about a particular traffic alert not being up to date, we encourage you to call 13 19 40 and let our operators know.
App drains the battery of your phone fast, doesn't list speed camera locations and the app is likely to be recording your movements for the dept of transport. Also it shows a lack of morals when a government organization write their own positive reviews in order to boost the status of their own app.
There are other traffic apps available that do not record any of your data, have the location of where speed cameras are used and are morally better.
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Department of Transport and Main Roads
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.