Quit Now: My QuitBuddy
By Australian National Preventive Health Agency
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My QuitBuddy helps you get, and stay, smoke free. It’s with you through the hardest times with helpful tips and distractions to overcome cravings; tracking systems to chart your progress and all the facts you need to understand the impact smoking has on your health.
Better still, My QuitBuddy is easily customised. You can determine whether you’re ready to quit right now or whether you’re intending to do so soon. You can set your own goals, the reasons you’re quitting, include photos and recordings of loved ones and even add buddies you can call upon in times of need.
- An option to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- My Goals: set your goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- Daily Message: for the first 30 days, you’ll receive a useful tip when you open the app
- Danger Times: nominate your danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- Alerts: a series of scheduled alerts (such as "Congratulations, it’s been two weeks!") keep you on track
- Visual icons: view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- Distract Me: when craving, My QuitBuddy helps with a range of distractions
- Remind Me: a personalised slideshow reminds you why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal
- Community: read helpful messages from other people who are quitting and leave your own for others to read
- Quitline: call the Quitline directly on 13 7848 from the app
- Buddy Up: Nominate friends or family who you can call in the tough times
Quitting smoking can be difficult but My QuitBuddy is here to help you every step of the way. Designed to deliver you support in a way best suited to you, for you to get quit and stay quit.
Be sure to update the app regularly as we will continue to add new features based on your feedback.
What's New in Version 2.7
The Department of health definitely kicked a goal with this one. Usually Government apps are terrible but this one is very helpful and practical. I am now one month free and it's a nice feeling to have the app and the community behind me 100%. Even though I know the app is a computer program I do find it motivating and very well set out. My family is very proud of me.
It's been a month I'm free. This app keeps me motivated reminding what I have achieved and building on current achievement. I feel happy when I see what I have achieved so far and what I'm gonna achieve in the long run. Highly recommend.
Need to add this!
Amazing app and Extremely helpful but it needs the ability to end "My current progress" time when you slip up.