Quit Now: My QuitBuddy
By Australian National Preventive Health Agency
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My QuitBuddy helps you get, and stay, smoke free. It’s with you through the hardest times with helpful tips and distractions to overcome cravings; tracking systems to chart your progress and all the facts you need to understand the impact smoking has on your health.
Better still, My QuitBuddy is easily customised. You can determine whether you’re ready to quit right now or whether you’re intending to do so soon. You can set your own goals, the reasons you’re quitting, include photos and recordings of loved ones and even add buddies you can call upon in times of need.
- An option to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- My Goals: set your goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- Daily Message: for the first 30 days, you’ll receive a useful tip when you open the app
- Danger Times: nominate your danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- Alerts: a series of scheduled alerts (such as "Congratulations, it’s been two weeks!") keep you on track
- Visual icons: view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- Distract Me: when craving, My QuitBuddy helps with a range of distractions
- Remind Me: a personalised slideshow reminds you why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal
- Community: read helpful messages from other people who are quitting and leave your own for others to read
- Quitline: call the Quitline directly on 13 7848 from the app
- Buddy Up: Nominate friends or family who you can call in the tough times
Quitting smoking can be difficult but My QuitBuddy is here to help you every step of the way. Designed to deliver you support in a way best suited to you, for you to get quit and stay quit.
Be sure to update the app regularly as we will continue to add new features based on your feedback.
What's New in Version 2.3
New social sharing message.
Best App Ever!
Great work on this app! It has everything you need and makes quitting so easy just by looking at all the tallies and comments in the community! All I could say is add more of what you've got - health information/statistics, distraction games etc. Excellent work by the creator!
5 stars for the concept
Great concept, really glad to see the government getting behind initiatives like this utilising apps!
Btw you might want to get ur devs to look at under add a danger time repeat on Monday is not selectable due to the upper menu being on a higher layer. I find it surprising that this was not detected earlier, naughty devs!
Great app, just one small thing tho....
This app has been awesome in helping me track my progress. The only thing is it's annoying waiting for the app to count up to how many dollars saved and how many mg of Tar avoided.... I'm in the 130 days right now and I have little patience hehehe I wanna know now, not wait for the counting to stop.... But great app anyways!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 03 February 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian National Preventive Health Agency
- © Australian National Preventive Health Agency
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.