The official ‘RBA Banknotes’ app is an interactive tool for exploring all current Australian banknotes, including the new $5 issued September 2016, and the new $10 issued September 2017 and the new $50 issued October 2018. It enables users to learn about banknote design and security features, and how to handle counterfeit and damaged banknotes.
• Explore Banknotes: Learn about banknote design and security features.
• Counterfeit Detection: Check a range of security features for guidance on whether your banknote may be genuine or suspicious.
• Damaged Banknotes: Find out how your banknote would be classified – and what your next steps should be.
• Discover More: Watch informative videos on Australian banknotes.
- Minor text updates relating to NGB50
Ratings and Reviews
Great, easy to use app
Really informative new app. Easy to use. Interesting to see all the details about our currency. Good application for general public, businesses and even kids learning about our money
I am an app developer myself, and I love what they've done too help peoples' understanding of Australia's bank notes, as well as any issues/the prevalence of counterfeits, and how to help detect counterfeit notes. Great work!!
Well polished app
I learnt more about our bank notes in 5 minutes than I have since their introduction 24 years ago.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.