By ReachOut Australia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ReachOut Orb is an innovative and engaging game designed for use in Year 9 and 10 classrooms, enabling teachers to facilitate lessons – mapped to the Australian HPE curriculum and general capabilities and the NSW PDHPE Curriculum – to improve student wellbeing and mental fitness.
ReachOut Orb takes place in a virtual world where a negative force known as ‘The Glitch’ has drained colour from the world and caused people and machines to behave oddly. Students interact with a range of characters in an attempt to return colour and positivity to the world, learning from the choices they make along the way.
Through a combination of game play and follow-up lessons, ReachOut Orb teaches students how to identify and use their strengths, boost positive emotions, develop and sustain positive relationships and develop resilience.
The supporting Teacher Resource and quick-start How-to Guide are available as free downloads from http:// ReachOut.com/Orb
• Personalised, character-based Avatars
• Unique characters
• Challenging rolling-based action levels
• Password-protected registration
• A fun, educational experience
Built for both iPad and desktop (Requires iOS 8.0 or later).
This app is not meant to replace clinical care. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties with mental health, talk to your doctor or a healthcare professional.
What's New in Version 2.8
- Proxy Support - added functionality to allow manual input of proxy settings for schools experiencing "Server Time Out" issue on registration screen
- Increased size of email field on registration form to allow for longer emails