• Read Ahead provides short and enjoyable 5-10 minute daily practice sessions which help pianists quickly develop their sight-reading ability.
• Innovative training exercises are incorporated into a carefully designed curriculum built around high quality music by a variety of composers.
• Read Ahead is designed to help piano students (children 10+ and adults) build the right habits and develop the skills necessary to fluently read music at their skill level.
• Designed to be integrated into a regular practice schedule.
• Fun for students to practice daily.
• Easy for busy teachers to incorporate into lessons and track progress.
• 36 daily exercise routines at each level.
Daily lesson plans consists of:
• Warm-up exercises to train memory, vision and touch.
• Read Ahead exercises to train students to read ahead of where they are playing.
• Sight-reading music from traditional ‘fixed' scores to pull it all together.
- Few Bug fixes
- Play Audio fix during tempo and exercises.
- Small enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
On The Right Track
The developers of this app are on the right track. They have realised that a key skill in playing the piano is to quickly absorb the notes that are coming and in doing so to provide oneself with time to translate what was read into played notes.
The app provides carefully incremental sight reading tasks and teaches the player to read ahead by making bars of music disappear. And it’s all done very well, very professionally.
The next big feature to provide (no small feat) would be to “listen” to what the player was doing either via the iPad microphone or via MIDI and to rate the player instead of the player rating themselves. The app could also start at a lower level, making just a single note appear and disappear and requiring the player to quickly find it on the keyboard. This could be followed by having to play a single note with the correct rhythm etc.
- Anacrusis LLC
- 27.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Anacrusis LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ReadAhead Level 1A $5.99
- ReadAhead Level 1B $5.99
- ReadAhead Level 2A $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.