Read Me Stories - Children's books
By 8Interactive Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A new book EVERY DAY develops your child's love for books and a daily reading habit. Wow!!!
- Over 4 Million readers worldwide
- Phenomenal feedback from parents
- Top reading app for kids in the education category
- Full support - we answer every email
- Best value for money
- Free sample books
- Text highlights as read
- Touch the characters to explore further story lines
Your child can practice reading - anywhere, anytime - while you’re driving, shopping in the grocery store, or having a quick coffee at your favorite cafe. And you can spend quality time with your child while teaching the core skills of reading and speaking that are so necessary for every child in today’s modern world.
Imagine your child reading a new book every day, and developing a love for books and the habit of reading.
Spend less time searching for apps because there are great new books in Read Me Stories, already there, right in the app.
The library also includes the lovely series Tuffy's First Adventure. This series of stories takes Tuffy the pony on a grand adventure, where he learns how to meet new friends, and do good deeds. The illustrations are gorgeous. The stories are captivating. The voices are a hoot. These new stories also highlight the text as the story is read. Touching the characters on screen expands the storyline.
Here is what our customers are telling us:
"My granddaughters looooove stories and this is a wonderful app for them to enjoy!" "I love this app! Please make more books!!! :)"
"Keep them coming this grandma shares with grand-babies and I'm grandma gadget. And they look forward to the stories and the 6 year old loves to try to read the words so one had my iPod touch while the other one uses the iPad good thing I only have two grand children to see at one time. Good job. Love this app."
"My children love these books!!! We read them every night and they forward to the new books they get. Thank you for a wonderful app, I hope there are many more book to come. We love reading and plan on keeping this for a very long time!!!!
"Just so you know my kids can not wait for the next book they ask if it is ready all the time thank you for making this app."
Go ahead and get Read Me Stories right now... just click the ‘Free App’ button.
- We actually want to hear from you. So, we have put a feedback page into the app. We promise to respond promptly and personally.
- Spend less time searching for apps because there are great new books in Read Me Stories, already there, right in the app.
- Some books are available for purchase and delivery to your door by Amazon.com – just a finger press away. It’s a great way to get birthday and Christmas gifts for your child, and it’s a nice way to help friends and family get great gifts for them too.
- Read Me Stories keeps track of your child's favorite books, so you can read them again and again.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- Bug fixes
Has pros and cons. Suits a certain kind of child
Pros: -the app reads the book, whilst displaying the text, karaoke style. Can also be read like a normal book
-holds a whole library on a single device, more durable than physical books!
-good for developing word recognition/text decoding skills
Cons: -doesn't show the prices of the book sets until you buy
-the sample book I read was, in my opinion, doubtful in literary quality, even for children. (Would the book read well in hard copy? I'm not sure. I cannot comment on the other books.)
-Reads with a certain US accent, in a "fake child voice" which sounds silly to me. I wouldn't want my pupils to copy the voice.
- I get the feeling the software is written with entertainment in mind, rather than by educators
Read Me Books
I believe these books are a great idea. As much as we would love our kids to read actual books(mine do too) this is a great way for kids to be educated at the same time they believe they are playing/doing something cool. We all need to accept the new generations of today, really only have a digital world. Thanks for a great App.
Read me a book
Love the idea of a book a day. My 4 year old loves it and looks forward to her new book every day. Hope you get a bigger range of books to read. Well worth the small amount of money you pay for multiple books that get read again and again.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 14 November 2012
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 8interactive
- © 8Interactive Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 'Snafoo's Library - Tales of Adventure' (23 books)$1.99
- 'Tuffy's First Adventure' (5 books)$1.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Animals I' (14 books)$1.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Tales of Life' (29 books)$1.99
- 'Tuffy's Second Adventure' (4 books)$1.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Animals II' (13 books)$1.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Songs' (5 books)$1.99
- Frogathon Games (4 books)$1.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Animals I' (14 books)$0.99
- 'Snafoo's Library - Animals II' (13 books)$0.99