Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased movies and TV shows in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Could be a lot better with a little thought
Great for using with Apple TV to navigate and type in searches with keypad. But it is just far too sensitive while swiping around the screen especially when you are looking at the movie preview screen and swipe down to the 'more like this' area of the screen, it just misses and drops into the film credits and reviews, it is exceptionally frustrating.
I have a Sonos system for my audio while watching movies, I have to leave the Apple Remote app and go to the Sonos app to adjust the volume (this is tiresome in itself, or at least could be better) and then when I return to the apple remote app it has to reconnect to the Apple TV all over again. I would of thought the app could hold the connection for at least a couple of minutes so that you didn't have to continuously wait for it to reconnect every time you wanted to pause or change what you are playing.
In short it is a very handy app, but I feel it is in need of a well considered update.
The missing feature
As a simple way to control my AppleTV the app works fine. You can enter text for searching quickly and scroll through menus quickly. But the missing feature is when menus are displayed on the TV the app should list them on the iPhone and allow you to pick one straight away.
Great app, so close to perfect
When syncing to additional AirPlay speakers the volume control requires the apple remote, this application does not allow the up and down adjustment of volume. Simple click buttons at the edge of touch screen would solve this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 21 April 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.