RIDBC Auslan Tutor
By Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor is a video-based Australian Sign Language (Auslan) teaching application.
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor has been designed to assist families of young deaf children learn Auslan. More than 500 Auslan signs are included.
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor moves beyond the basic premise of teaching individual signs by including five corresponding entries for each sign. These five entries are:
• a photo of the handshape used to form the sign
• a video clip demonstrating the single sign
• a video clip of the sign used in a phrase
• a video clip of the phrase used in a sentence
• a text note about Auslan grammar that is pertinent to the sign, phrase or sentence
These additional features help improve the users understanding and use of Auslan.
The portability of the RIDBC Auslan Tutor allows for ongoing communication opportunities throughout the day.
• Clear and easy to follow learning hierarchy
• Over 500 signs, each demonstrated multiple times in single signs, phrases and sentences
• Special Auslan grammar instruction for each sign
• Auslan Northern and Southern dialects
• Sign search
• Auslan alphabet
• Auslan numbers
• Related signs
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor was developed by staff at the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, in consultation with expert Auslan users.
Take a look at our series on 'Songs for Listening and Language.' The series is designed to encourage the development of listening and language skills in young children.
Available for iPad:
• Old MacDonald
• Row, Row, Row Your Boat
• Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
• Incy Wincy Spider
Available for iPhone:
• Old MacDonald
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fixed UI bugs on iPhones
- Fixed disappearing search bar
- Other minor bug fixes
I purchased this app after using the free version. It has far more than I anticipated and I am very impressed! Well worth the money
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 July 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 892 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
- © 2013 Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.