The easiest ringtone maker available for the Mac. Use music and even movies to make your own unique ringtones.
"My nod goes to Pixel Research Labs' Ringer because it works quickly" - macworld.com
"The editing is very easy, with a nice large display of the waveform" - tuaw.com
"It’s an easy way to create new ringtones in a few short seconds" - macapper.com
"Ringer is an elegantly designed app" - St. Paul Pioneer Press
• Features •
- Built in iTunes navigator lets you quickly find your song.
- Make tones from movies and videos as well as music.
- Zoom in to choose the start and end of your ringtone with sub-second accuracy.
- Use the waveform to help you find the right part of your song.
- Support for fade-in, fade-out and ringtone gap.
- Auto volume support makes sure that quiet parts of a song can still be used as a ringtone.
- Optional manual volume control.
- Preview your ringtone exactly as it will sound on your phone.
• How to use •
1. Select your song or movie in the built-in media browser.
2. Move the selection over the part you want to use as your ringtone.
3. Press the create button.
That's it! Your ringtone is now imported into iTunes and ready to sync to your iPhone.
Use any non-protected file from your iTunes library or any media file on your Mac to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone. Make as many as you want, there is no limit to the number of ringtones you can make with Ringer.
You can also make ringtones for Android and some other phones. Check to see if your phone can use a .m4a file as a ringtone.
- Songs that are protected with DRM cannot be used.
- No app can install ringtones on the phone. Ringtones must be imported into iTunes and synced to the phone before they can be used.
- If you need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no way for us to respond to App Store reviews.
- Fix a pop noise at the start of some ringtones.
- Improve accessibility.
- Fix some visual appearance issues.
- Fix a bug where double clicking in the selection would not preview from the point clicked.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app and really easy to use, as everyone else says. However, as far as I can see, the ringtone you create does not loop. I created a short chunk of a track, about 10 seconds, and assumed it would just keep looping (playing over) until I answered the phone. But it didn't. It just played once and then stopped. In other words, you need to create a ringtone that plays long enough for you to get to your phone before it stops. If a loop function/option could be built in, that'd be great. If it's already there and I'm missing it, someone feel free to let me know. Cheers.
Easy to use, one step process
I've been using a mixture of three freely available applications to make ring tones like these in the past, Ringer has everything i like from all of those but without any of the hassle of transcoding formats and renaming files.
Pulls songs directly from itunes inside the appication and exports them back to itunes when you've selected your loop.
Super easy to use and fun too!
This app is an awesome ringtone maker. Even if you don't have an iphone you go to /music/iTunes/iTunes media/ringtones after you have created the ringtone find the song you made and just change the extension to .mp3 then you can put it on any phone that supports .mp3
Really good and highly recommended.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.