PLEASE NOTE: myTRIPS, the upgraded version of Routes, is now available on the App Store. Download here:
SALE SALE 50% OFF!!
***** PROBABLY THE BEST ROUTE PLANNING APP ON THE APP STORE *****
** MORE THAN 130.000 USERS CAN'T BE WRONG (Jun, 2012)!!
Planning your journeys with Routes. Planning your Journeys is now as easy as touching a map! Forget using a paper map in a Hotel when you are going to planning the route for tomorrow! With this app you will save a lot of time and it will be much more easy!
*** ROUTES. PLANNING YOUR JOURNEYS IS NOW FEATURED BY APPLE IN TRAVEL CATEGORY (US)! ***
** Check out this video review from DailyAppShow.com:
With "Routes. Planning your Journeys" you can:
- Create infinite itineraries, for example: Trip to London 2012, Christmas holidays…
- Create routes for each itinerary, for example: Visiting the old town, Go shopping, A pub route…
- Add up to 25!! waypoints for each route by simply tapping the map. Incredibly easy!
- For each waypoint you will see the Street View image and more info.
- Search for places, restaurants, pubs, monuments… and add them to the route if you want.
- NEW: Search over hundreds of public routes. Users can make their routes public.
- Wikipedia powered! Search points of interest near a waypoint!
- Add notes for your waypoints.
- Edit your route when you want: change the waypoints order, remove a waypoint, etc. The new route will be calculated automatically!
- Also you can see the the full step itinerary for each route.
- The App calculates the total distance and the total time for a route.
- Fastest route button also available! The App calculates the fastest route if you want by reordering all the waypoints!
- It shows your current location (use native maps)
- Three maps types available: Classic, Hybrid & Satellite.
- Three route types available: Driving, Cycling & walking.
- Share itineraries and routes via e-mail!
- Print itineraries and routes with AirPrint!
- Sync your trips across your devices!
- Full iOS6 support!
Routes. Planning your Journeys have a wonderful interface design. Each itinerary and each route have a different color that you can choose when you create them. The interface will adapt to these colors so using the app will be even more funny and less boring!
Routes. Planning your Journeys is designed for iPhone & iPad so you have only to pay once to get it for both devices. With the syncing support all your itineraries and routes will be shared on all your devices!
HOW TO USE THIS APP:
1) Add an itinerary, please complete it with a name, description and a color.
2) Tap on the itinerary to open it and create a new route by clicking on the "add" button on top.
3) To add waypoints to the routes:
3.1) iPad: Tap on the route to open it, tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to show the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
3.2) iPhone: Click on the bottom button with a globe image, this open the map view. Tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to view the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
(*) You can edit the route at any moment by tapping on the marker or on the waypoint list.
Please, if you find any problems, suggestions or questions, contact with us at: email@example.com
** IMPORTANT NOTE: If you update the app and don't see any of your previous data, please open the settings app, tap on "Routes" and switch off the iCloud syncing.
(*) An active Internet connection is required to create routes.
** PLEASE NOTE: Our new app myTRIPS is now available on the App Store. Please download now. You can import your trips or routes created in Routes to myTRIPS in a easy way: just export the trip in a CSV file and import it to myTRIPS.
- Bugfix related with the GPS location in iOS 8 users.
- Interface improvements.
¡Thanks for using Routes! If you need assistance, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Routes was best app I found for high level plan and record
I recently completed a 10 week holiday around California, Arizona, Utah and Oregon. For initial high level planning and for keeping a record of where we went Routes was the best App I found. I liked being able to email all the notes so I can u them in my trip record. it would have been better if it was easy to insert photos into the Notes section. Attaching them via the web didn't suit me.
The design and concept is excellent. Very well done. It is MUCH easier to set up than other GPS navigators I have tried, in that you can easily select waypoints on a map.
My current wish list, after a very limited trial :
1. Show total distance so far for a journey (at each waypoint), as well as distance for each segment.
2. Could distances be output with the email as well as within the app when the "directions" button is pressed, or if that is too difficult, perhaps for each segment.
3. As yet I have not found how to set up the iCloud sync connection (or to turn it off, if not required). Perhaps this option could be accessed via an options button.
4. An in-app help file would be useful, although the start-up help is very good.
Good simple app
This is an OK basic app that allows you to find the important basic info about your planned route. It could be improved by using Google maps instead of Apple maps or allowing you to choose. It also does not allow a waypoint to be moved if you get it slightly wrong you need to delete it and add a new one. Also when you want to move the order of waypoints in edit mode the numbers disappear from the list, not major just not perfect.
- Javier Aznar de los Rios
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 The Clash Soft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.