Runkeeper - Track Your Running, Walking, Cycling, and Weight. Meet Your Personal Fitness & Workout Goal
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.8
Fresh new laces
- Look carefully and you’ll notice the "running man" has been replaced with a new logo. Why? While we love anything related to MC Hammer, RunKeeper isn't just another running app, we're about tying every run together in a fun and inclusive way.
-Our new identity, "the shoe lace," reflects the endless places you’ve been, all the ways you’ve grown as a runner, and the many new routes and roads ahead. We're the same RunKeeper you always loved, we're just expressing ourselves a little better. Learn more at blog.runkeeper.com.
Runkeeper Elite is now Runkeeper Go
- In more makeover news, our subscription service Runkeeper Elite is now Runkeeper Go! (As in Go Go Power Rangers or go shorty it’s your birthday… or just get up and go!) Runkeeper Go has all the goodies that Runkeeper Elite always has, plus our latest additions, Prescribed Workouts and Runkeeper DJ. It’s all about making it easier for you to get out the door and build awesome lasting running routines. And it’s way nicer than your high school gym teacher. We know the word elite sounds pretty serious and intense, and Go better reflects our more motivational and inclusive approach here at Runkeeper. What better time to give Runkeeper Go a whirl?
What happened to the capital K in RunKeeper?
-It drank too much coffee and stunted its growth. Runkeeper it is. Consider this a public service message on the dangers of caffeine.
Great even for the moderate runner
I have had run keeper for over a year and have found it to be a great tool for tracking progress even if if you are not a supper fit marathon runner. It has help me get motivated and moving to get my fitness on track. Love the logging of other exercises to keep track of activities in the gym or pool.
Love this app, and even more so since they changed their focus to better reflect their users :-). I use this for walking and I keep on track with my brother, who lives 1000 kilometres away. Fantastic addition to our daily lives and our wellbeing. Thanks to all the Runkeeper crew.
I have been using this app since Jan 2011 and I love it. The challenges, the guidance and the free workouts. Now I can start it with my apple watch. Can't get a better app. Will always use it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 23 July 2015
- Version: 5.8
- Size: 55.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite$49.99
- Runkeeper Go$12.99
- RunKeeper Elite$12.99
- Runkeeper Go$49.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $24.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$12.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$18.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$31.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$37.99