Salt mCodeX is a convenient mobile-based "second-factor" authentication (2FA) method used in conjunction with Echidna to provide an out-of-the-box solution for high assurance authentication of remote users connecting to enterprise networks via VPNs, Citrix gateways or other RADIUS aware access points.
Salt mCodeX uses biometric(fingerprint and face-id) authentication to generate One Time Passwords (OTP) and Challenge/Response signature codes that are displayed on the iOS device.
Salt mCodeX provides a robust cryptographically based and standalone solution that does not require ongoing availability of the mobile network.
Salt mCodeX requires registration with Echidna; please contact Salt Group for more information about Echidna.
Salt mCodeX features include:
- Operation and features akin to dedicated hardware token except on an iOS device
- Local App PIN for iOS devices that do not support fingerprint hardware.
- Issuer configurable profiles including Local App PIN length, PIN retry thresholds, weak PINs, token display timeouts, OTP and Response lengths, language support, issuer branding
- Time and event based OTPs
- Re-deployable in the field, anywhere in the world
- Full browser independence
- Intuitive user interface
- Local App PIN Precision Technology
- Challenge/Response generation
Bug fixes and improvements
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.