SBS On Demand
By Special Broadcasting Service Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SBS On Demand brings you the best of streaming TV – available anytime, anywhere, for free.
Download the SBS On Demand app to delve into a world of distinctive entertainment. Browse our extensive catalogue, including exclusive dramas, documentaries, and films, plus all your essential news and sport.
With over 6,000 hours of great TV from across the world and instant catch-up for your favourite SBS programs, there is something for everyone.
Download SBS On Demand on iPad and iPhone now to access the following features:
• SBS On Demand exclusives and Australian premieres available anytime, anywhere, for free.
• Instant access to catch up on your favourite SBS programs, including The Feed, Dateline, Insight, and more.
• Search by language, country, or category from over 900 movies, 50 drama series, and 200 documentaries, plus catch-up TV, to discover your favourite shows.
• Live-stream sport and other special events straight from your handheld device.
• Airplay support: Watch SBS On Demand on your TV by using the app with an Apple TV.
• Log in to optimise your experience:
- Sync your experience across SBS On Demand supported devices
- Add videos that tickle your fancy to your favourites
- Receive notifications on the shows you love and when they’re about to expire
- Playback support so you can continue watching where you left off
- Gain exclusive previews of new SBS programs
Want to know more? See our SBS On Demand FAQs here http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/faqs and follow SBS On Demand on Facebook and Twitter for the latest programs and updates.
If you choose to watch videos on the SBS On Demand app over your mobile provider’s network, you should take your data quota into consideration. This is the amount of data that your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost. Should you exceed this quota, you may need to pay for extra costs.
Prior to using the SBS On Demand app on a mobile network, SBS recommends that you confirm with your mobile phone provider what your data quota is, as well as what the costs are for exceeding this quota. It is important that you monitor your usage to ensure that you don’t exceed your limit.
Please find below an approximate guide as to how much data could be consumed watching a SBS On Demand video on a mobile provider’s network. This assumes watching over a strong 3G connection, when data consumption is highest, and assumes that no data has been consumed other than via watching the video:
• 60 minute video - up to 675MB of data
• 30 minute video - up to 340MB of data
• 10 minute video - up to 115MB of data
• 5 minute video - up to 50MB of data
Watching SBS On Demand on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP.
Due to rights restrictions, most videos on SBS On Demand are geo-blocked to Australia.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Brand new user interface
- Updated video player
- Updated Airplay support
- Improved search function
- Personalised login options, including favourites lists
- Optimisation for devices running iOS 8 and above
Back to the Stone Age
I want the last version of the app back! Please! List of current issues (that are exactly the same as a year or so ago, think the first season of Bosch era):
-I have to shut down the app at least once to get the the show to start and not freeze after the first ad. It takes ages for the show to load after an ad.
-The show constantly freezes with split screens but less so when I put it on low resolution, but then it's like watching a runny watercolour painting. To get it to unfreeze I have to get up and move my device around.
-I cannot rotate the show on my screen.
-The show does not save to the spot I stopped watching so I have to remember the time I stopped and SUFFER through the ads again.
-My home internet has not changed so why has the quality of the play reverted SO dramatically? It's AWFUL.
+Your star has been earned for the app's look and for finally bringing some logic to the organisation of the shows.
What a rubbish update! As others have noted, the Apple TV app constantly fails to play shows for more than about 2 minutes & reverts to the episode selection page. So then we update the iPad app. Wow! What an improvement- NOT! You have create an account & then when you try to link via AirPlay, you must keep it playing on the iPad and are unable to close the screen to reduce battery drain. So who did the testing on either of these apps? Sure not apparent that anyone did. But check out the new look! Talk about form over substance! Very poor.
Why do you have to have an account!
What is going on Geoff? It's called Freeview and now you are making people have an account to watch something they can do on TV without an account, why? Or why don't they have an option to watch without an account. I'm sick of everyone wanting someone to register and give them direct access to bombard you with advertising. I refused to use the 9now app as it forced you to register now I won't use this one either.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 20 September 2016
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 32.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- © Special Broadcasting Services (SBS) 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes