Welcome to SBS On Demand on Apple TV, the home of international dramas, cult classics, homegrown cinema, SBS VICELAND, Food Network, NITV and more.
Now you can start adding programs and movies to your favourites, and continue watching shows from where you last left off.
The SBS On Demand app gives you free, unlimited access to SBS content so you can watch your favourite shows when you want. Browse through an extensive catalogue of drama series, documentaries, movies, news, sport and more!
Discover exclusive content and all your favourite SBS programs in full screen and high resolution quality.
Got a question? For any other queries, problems, issues - send us a message. We’re ready for you.
If you choose to watch videos on the SBS On Demand app over your mobile provider’s network, you should take your data quota into consideration. This is the amount of data that your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost. Should you exceed this quota, you may need to pay for extra costs.
Prior to using the SBS On Demand app on a mobile network, SBS recommends that you confirm with your mobile phone provider what your data quota is, as well as what the costs are for exceeding this quota. It is important that you monitor your usage to ensure that you don’t exceed your limit.
Watching SBS On Demand on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP.
Due to rights restrictions, most videos on SBS On Demand are geo-blocked to Australia.
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information
Ratings and Reviews
Exclusive dramas, documentaries, and films, plus all your essential news and sport.
Great content, lousy app
SBS On Demand has some of the best streaming content out there! It might not have the quantity of Netflix but the quality of its movies an TV series is quite high.
It's a dreadful shame that the app doesn't have the same quality. The issues include:
- Both the app and the web interface to SBS On Demand have a "favourites" feature; shame is they ARE NOT linked!
- Set a TV show to be a "favourite" and when you finish watching it's equally easy to un-favourite it. Set a movie to be a "favourite" and when you finish watching YOU CANNOT in-favourite it!
- When you view "favourite" TV series if you don't let the episode run right through to the end (of the credits) then the episode will show under a "Catch up" heading. To remove these "in-completed" episodes you have to view the episode again. You can fast forward through the episode (but it still uses download capacity if that's an issue) but you CAN'T FAST FORWARD THROUGH THE ADDS (at least four 30 sec. adds per episode).
I could go on…
Please, SBS, lift your game, get the quality of the app up to that of your content!
UPDATE: Just looked at the app on my iPhone, all my "favourites" are gone and others are in their place. So I can logon to my SBS account in THREE DIFFERENT platforms and have THREE DIFFERENT SETS OF "FAVOURITES" — how stupid is that?
Fix the bugs, or it's not worth the hassle
I appreciate the free content, but this app is average in its functionality, and bug riddled in its application. Every time I try to cast, it takes me back to the start of the episode, where I'm forced to watch another ad, and even worse, the 1:40 credits of good wife.
Why shouldn't I be able to skip credits, especially since I'm not sure what episode I'm up to (because this app doesn't provide you with an indication of what episode you're up to), and I have to watch 2:10 of rubbish just to see if it's the correct episode.
It also doesn't allow you to flick between devices. So if I want to stop casting, and resume on my iPad, it will take me back to a random spot of the episode. All made worse because you don't facilitate navigation through an episode!
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- 75.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Special Broadcasting Services (SBS) 2012
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.