SBS On Demand
By Special Broadcasting Service Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SBS On Demand brings you the best of streaming TV – available anytime, anywhere, for free.
Download the SBS On Demand app to delve into a world of distinctive entertainment. Browse our extensive catalogue, including exclusive dramas, documentaries, and films, plus all your essential news and sport.
With over 6,000 hours of great TV from across the world and instant catch-up for your favourite SBS programs, there is something for everyone.
Download SBS On Demand on iPad and iPhone now to access the following features:
• SBS On Demand exclusives and Australian premieres available anytime, anywhere, for free.
• Instant access to catch up on your favourite SBS programs, including The Feed, Dateline, Insight, and more.
• Search by language, country, or category from over 900 movies, 50 drama series, and 200 documentaries, plus catch-up TV, to discover your favourite shows.
• Live-stream sport and other special events straight from your handheld device.
• Airplay support: Watch SBS On Demand on your TV by using the app with an Apple TV.
• Log in to optimise your experience:
- Sync your experience across SBS On Demand supported devices
- Add videos that tickle your fancy to your favourites
- Receive notifications on the shows you love and when they’re about to expire
- Playback support so you can continue watching where you left off
- Gain exclusive previews of new SBS programs
Want to know more? See our SBS On Demand FAQs here http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/faqs and follow SBS On Demand on Facebook and Twitter for the latest programs and updates.
If you choose to watch videos on the SBS On Demand app over your mobile provider’s network, you should take your data quota into consideration. This is the amount of data that your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost. Should you exceed this quota, you may need to pay for extra costs.
Prior to using the SBS On Demand app on a mobile network, SBS recommends that you confirm with your mobile phone provider what your data quota is, as well as what the costs are for exceeding this quota. It is important that you monitor your usage to ensure that you don’t exceed your limit.
Please find below an approximate guide as to how much data could be consumed watching a SBS On Demand video on a mobile provider’s network. This assumes watching over a strong 3G connection, when data consumption is highest, and assumes that no data has been consumed other than via watching the video:
• 60 minute video - up to 675MB of data
• 30 minute video - up to 340MB of data
• 10 minute video - up to 115MB of data
• 5 minute video - up to 50MB of data
Watching SBS On Demand on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP.
Due to rights restrictions, most videos on SBS On Demand are geo-blocked to Australia.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Added report detail for video responses
- Updated Search auto-complete
- Extras row reconfigured
- Advertising ID added to make relevant
- SBS iTunes link added
- Minor bug fixes
Would be great if...
Would be great if I can get past the ads without it freezing.... And twice its started at the beginning of the episode.
Once was when I paused it to eat, went back in, and it started from the beginning. Happened a second time when it froze after the advert. I "killed it" and clicked back onto the episode, and it started at the beginning.
I try and get to the place I was at, but every time I stop pulling the bar forward, an advert comes up and then it freezes again.
AppleTV version is woeful
I bought the AppleTV4 specifically to run this app, and it is appalling. The content is great, and it works fine streaming from a MacBook via AppleTV to the TV (although the resolution is somewhat rough), but running native via the AppleTV4 is impossible. Yes, the resolution is far better, but it stops as soon as it starts. It you are lucky, on the fourth or more attempt, sometimes a movie will play....
Then there are the adverts. Yes, get ready to watch the same one or two ads over and over again.
Come on. We know it works, just make it work for AppleTV, PLEASE.
This does not solve the problem of the app failing to play any content for more than minutes before throwing me out. None of the solutions suggested by SBS work (trying again, rebooting the AppleTV 4 or getting it through a power cycle). Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work. The ad plays and a few minutes of program and then it quits out of the playback. Every time. If I start again it runs another ad and then starts from zero again. Utterly useless.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 07 October 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- © Special Broadcasting Services (SBS) 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes