SBS VR brings you the the best in VR and 360° storytelling from SBS Australia.
- First Contact VR: Six out of ten Australians say they’ve had little to no contact with Indigenous Australians. Get up close and personal with 8 people about what it means to be Aboriginal today.
- A Pig’s Life: Join Matthew Evans to discover what life is like as a pig in Australia.
- MythBusters: The MythBusters team put urban legends to the test in an explosive style.
- Tomorrow's Diwali: Step inside a 360° immersive artwork as it reveals around you, in celebration of the Indian festival Diwali.
- Welcome to Garma with Ernie Dingo: Join the largest and most vibrant celebration of Indigenous Yolngu culture.
On top of regular new releases, find stories from the Sydney Opera House and Vivid Sydney; Heston Blumenthal's three Michelin-star restaurant, The Fat Duck; and all the spectacle of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
Viewable on your iPhone, iPad, and Google Cardboard.
- All requests over https
- Analytics update
Ratings and Reviews
Frustrating app. How can the ABC get it so right and SBS get it so wrong. It continually gets part way through a program, goes to an ad break, then goes back to the START of the program!! To add to the frustration, if you attempt to fast forward to where you left off, it goes to an ad break then back to the start again. I'm deleting the app.
Great to see SBS exploring new technologies, but, man, the fact that the VR videos are 2D on a 3D sphere around you and are lacking any depth utterly confuses my stomach and makes for a nauseating experience. Be warned.
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)
- 40.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.